Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed® letters
Guaranteed next working day letter delivery
Important documents or tickets that simply must be there tomorrow? Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed® offers timed delivery by 9am or 1pm next day with inclusive tracking and signature on delivery. Saturday delivery is available for an additional charge.
At a Glance
- Guaranteed delivery by 9am or 1pm next working day
- Online tracking and signature on delivery included
- Money-back guarantee and inclusive compensation cover
When do you want your letter to get there?
- By 9am – guaranteed delivery of letters by 9am next working day, with inclusive compensation cover up to £750* for loss or damage
- By 1pm – guaranteed delivery of letters by 1pm next working day, with inclusive compensation cover up to £750* for loss or damage
- On a Saturday – Post Office® branches will accept your items on Friday, for delivery on a Saturday, for an additional charge
*Compensation cover shown is for items posted on a Royal Mail business account. Compensation cover for items not posted on a business account can be found here.
Our service covers 99% of the UK
Tracking and proof of delivery
Follow your letter’s progress from start to finish with online tracking and signature on delivery.
Is there compensation for loss, damage or delay?
If your letter isn’t delivered by 9am or 1pm the next working day, we’ll give you a full refund. Exceptions apply – please see our UK parcel services user guide.
To protect against loss or damage, Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am and 1pm both have inclusive compensation cover of £750.
Both services give you the option to increase your cover up to the value of £2,500. You can also purchase tiered consequential loss cover up to the value of £10,000.
How much will it cost?
You can calculate the price for delivery of your letter using our Get a price tool.
Anything else you need to know?
You must drop off your Special Delivery Guaranteed letters before the latest acceptance time. For full details and answers to other frequently asked questions, check our Special Delivery help page.