Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm®
Guaranteed by 1pm next-day*
Changes to Special Delivery Guaranteed
From Thursday 24 December we reinstated our temporary timed guarantees for our Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am and 1pm services.
- For items posted from Thursday 24 December 2020 onwards, our guaranteed delivery for Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am the next working day will be by 11.00am the next working day*
- Our guaranteed delivery for Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm the next working day will be by 4.00pm the next working day*.
- This includes items where a Saturday guarantee has been purchased.
*existing postcode exceptions apply
Find out more about previous Special Delivery Guaranteed changes.
Due to the current coronavirus situation, we're no longer asking the recipient to sign for items delivered on or after Saturday 14 March 2020.
The recipient's name and confirmation of delivery can still be viewed at www.royalmail.com/track-your-item
Find out more at www.royalmail.com/coronavirus
up to and
All prices in the above table are exempt from VAT
During unprecedented times, such as Covid-19 pandemic, delivery time guarantees may be subject to change.
Prices for guaranteed Saturday delivery
Prices are inclusive of VAT
Sometimes the damage, delay or loss of an item can lead to greater loss than the actual value of the item itself. For such items you can buy our consequential loss cover of up to £10,000. This cover could be a wise choice for important legal documents or tax returns that may result in penalties if lost or not delivered on time. Just ask for consequential loss when you send your item by Special Delivery Guaranteed™. Make your claims through our Customer Services within 14 days of posting. You will need to provide the receipt for purchase as well as proof of the value of the indirect loss in order to make a claim.
Prices for consequential loss cover
|Weight||Up to £1,000||Up to £2,500||Up to £5,000||Up to £7,500||Up to £10,000|
Consequential loss add on price per item
All prices are VAT inclusive
Working days are Monday-Friday unless you've purchased Saturday Guaranteed delivery.
We deliver throughout the UK. However, there are certain delivery restrictions in particular areas:
We deliver by 5.30pm the next working day in the following postcode areas:
AB30 - 39, 41 - 45, 51 - 56
HS1, 3 - 9
IV21 - 28, 40 - 49, 51 - 56
KW1 - 3, 5 - 15
KW16 Stromness Town only
PA28 - 38, 41 - 49, 76, 77
PH15, 17 - 26, 31 - 40, 49, 50
We deliver within two working days by 5.30pm to the following postcodes areas:
PA60 - 75, 78
We deliver within three working days by 5.30pm to the following postcode areas:
KW16 - non Town
PH30, 41 - 44
Some businesses won't accept Saturday deliveries, including:
- building societies
- travel agents
- Post Office® branches
We can't guarantee Saturday delivery to Herm, Sark and Alderney
We restrict or prohibit certain items from our network. You are advised to carefully read the restrictions on items like:
- Perfumes or aftershaves
- Nail varnish, polish or gel
Remember that you’ll need to allow time to get a certificate of posting for your Special Delivery Guaranteed item.
At a Post Office®
The latest acceptance time depends partly on the Post Office® you choose to use. Check opening times using Services near you.
Please try to arrive:
- at least an hour before the Post Office® closes
- no later than 4.30pm even if the Post Office® has a later closing time
- no later than 11:00am if the Post Office® has a half day closing time.
Ask for further advice in person at your Post Office®.
When we deliver your item we will collect a signature from the recipient or someone at their address. We will then update our online Track & Trace tool with details of the delivery date and time, providing a scan of the signature that you can view.
What can I do if the item is shown as delivered, but it hasn't been received?
- Check whether the item was sent using a service that gets a signature on delivery. If it was, do you recognise the name or signature of the person who signed for it? The signature will be provided by the person who accepted the delivery and not always the person on the address label.
- If the item was sent to your home, ask anyone else living there if they accepted the delivery. Please also check if the item has been left with a neighbour, or in your designated Safeplace if you have one.