Specific requirements? Upgrade your delivery with these options:
- Signature on delivery with Royal Mail Signed For®
- Offer your customers collection from a local Post Office® branch with Local Collect®
What can you send?
With Royal Mail 48® you can send items weighing up to 2kg and measuring up to 61cm x 46cm x 46cm.
For tube-shaped items, the length of the item plus twice the diameter must not exceed 104cm, with the greatest dimension being no more than 90cm.
Rural shoppers are more likely to abandon a cart online because they are unhappy with delivery charges. Royal Mail charges the same price to deliver to 29 million addresses all over the UK, so there are no hidden costs when delivering to remote areasSource: Delivery Matters April 2016 conducted independently by Trinity McQueen.
Ways to save
If you can pre-sort your parcels and large letters eight ways or more, and post more than 250 items a day, we can provide you with a discounted price.
If you spend over £15,000 per year across all Royal Mail services, we’ll collect from your premises for free.
Online delivery confirmation*
Online delivery confirmation* is available on Royal Mail 48® parcels.
To view the delivery confirmation, you'll need to go to royalmail.com/confirm and enter your parcel ID number:
- Online delivery confirmation shows you when your item has been delivered or attempted to be delivered.
- This isn't a tracked service. Information will only be available online at the point we try to - or successfully - deliver your item.
- If you want to see items progressing throughout their journey - and not just at the point of delivery - consider using Royal Mail Tracked or Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed.
*Online Delivery Confirmation is not available for large letters sent via Despatch Manager Online. Delivery confirmation is not available for parcels being sent to the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
How much will it cost?
Calculate a price for Royal Mail 48® delivery of your parcel.
Calculate a price
Anything else you need to know?
Visit the Help page for more information and answers to frequently asked questions about this product.
UK parcel services user guide
Specific Terms for Parcels
Royal Mail General Terms and Conditions
*Calls may be recorded and monitored for training and compliance purposes. Calls cost 5p per minute plus your telephone company's network access charge.