Grow your business in Australia
Looking to expand your international business?
Whatever your current level of exports, there are opportunities in Australia for UK businesses.
True, the sheer distance can seem daunting. But, there’s also a shared language and an existing fondness for British brands, especially with the largest concentration of UK expats in the world (around 1.3 million) living down under.
Plus, Australian shoppers often look to the UK when they can’t find products locally. They also often find that UK prices are cheaper. In fact, 60% regularly find savings compared with local options.
Add to this the country's generous 'de minimis' of $1,000AUS, meaning that if the item you are sending to Australia is worth less than that, you won't pay duties. Plus, GST (the Australian equivalent of VAT) is charged at just 10%.
All of which means UK retailers are well placed to benefit.
Our Delivery Matters 2018 report shows:
- 30% of Australian online shoppers bought from a UK website during a three-month period
- They spent an average of A$211 on UK websites
- 59% love British brands
- 80% trust UK sites to sell authentic goods
- Online marketplace sellers are also well placed to sell to the Australian market. 81% of Australian online shoppers use online marketplaces, with eBay the leading site
Top buys from UK websites include clothes (34%); books (30%); CDs, DVDs and records (18%); accessories (12%); and footwear (9%).
The average Australian shopper shops online 5 times per quarter, spending A$396*
How to grow your export business to Australia
As with all international markets, the delivery experience is key. Get this right and customers will buy. Get it wrong and a potential sale will quickly turn into an abandoned cart.
Delivery Matters found:
- 49% of Australian online shoppers will go elsewhere if the delivery cost is too high
- 36% wouldn’t shop with an online retailer if the delivery timeframe was too long
- 36% are more likely to shop with a UK retailer if offered free international delivery
- 73% would track every item bought online if they could
- 87% of Australian online shoppers want to receive information about the progress of their deliveries from the UK
of Australian online shoppers trust Australia Post – our delivery partner*
Export to Australia with Royal Mail international shipping
Australia might be on the other side of the world, but Royal Mail can help get your products to your customers quickly and securely.
Choose a service below to find out how we can help your business deliver.
|Service||Lower price option||Fast delivery||Full tracking included||Proof of delivery included||Delivery aims to Australia|
Our Australian partner can help you deliver
Royal Mail services can fit all businesses – from marketplace sellers and small companies to larger businesses.
We use our long standing relationship with Australia Post to get your deliveries there. That means your items are delivered to your customers alongside the rest of their mail every working day of the week.
Plus, our research shows 85% of Australian online shoppers trust Australia Post*. That means your deliveries benefit from a familiar experience with a respected operator that your customers already know and trust.
|Delivery days||Delivery window||Process if item can't be delivered||Network of access points|
|Monday-Saturday||Once a day, between 9am and 5pm||
||Around 4,379 post offices|
Electronic customs data
Speeding up customs can only be a good thing as more and more countries are requesting electronic pre-advice data.
Check the status of deliveries around the world
For the latest updates on any delays with deliveries to countries and territories, see our International Incident Bulletin.