Royal Mail: best for large-scale export
With our global network of delivery partners, we’re always developing pipelines to handle international packages efficiently – however much you’re sending. One way we eliminate delays is by sharing electronic ‘pre-advice’ customs data so large shipments can be fast-tracked in their destination country.
See below how we created a bespoke solution for a large online fashion retailer. They asked us to make shipping to the USA easier and quicker and – together with our local partner USPS – we delivered.
Our customer journey has improved for 80% of all orders
Case study: Streamlining export to the USA
A leading UK-based online fashion retailer came to us with a challenge. They wanted to grow their international presence and move towards being the global leader in their field – starting by improving the experience for their shoppers in the USA. This is a hugely important market for them, and they came to Royal Mail because of our strong relationship with USPS and other global partners.
- Delivery within 6 days to 95% of the USA
- A better overall customer experience
- Reduce call centre costs
- Royal Mail reviewed the entire pipeline and adjusted for efficiency
- Tracked and Signed service used for speed and security
- ‘Pre-advice’ electronic customs data is now passed from Royal Mail to USPS before packages arrive in the US
- Labels re-designed to satisfy fast-track requirements on both sides
- Fast processing by USPS at airport hubs (JFK, ORD and SFO and LAX)
- Improved customer journey for 80% of all orders
- Lowered loss rates by using Tracked and Signed services
- 3-5% reduction in complaint calls to Customer Services
- Clearer labels resulted in a 5% improvement in delivery scan
Get ahead with electronic customs information
Since 1 January 2019, we require you to provide ‘pre-advice’ electronic customs data on all packages sent outside the EU**. Several countries including the US, China, Russia and Brazil now request this as standard.
Some have already started applying penalties, delaying or returning items sent without electronic data and the S10 barcode. We want to help you avoid this.
Advantages of providing electronic customs data:
- Avoid delays and/or penalty charges
- Easier and quicker experience for recipients
- Access to enhanced delivery features such as notifications
*Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre
**If the UK leaves the EU with 'No Deal', items destined for the EU will be treated the same as items bound for non-EU destinations