|Process map (pdf, 55.35 KB)
|See the steps involved in making an application, by downloading the process map.
|Application form (pdf, 1.68 MB)
|Download and complete the application form to begin your application.
|Reference document (pdf, 1.9 MB)
|Manufacturer’s reference on an application to become authorised as an independent inspector, maintainer and/or repairer of franking machines in the UK
Royal Mail will require applicants for approved inspector/maintainer/repairer status to provide evidence as to:
- Declaration of financial standing – Royal Mail requires two years of signed financial accounts to evidence current business solvency and a financially sound business
- Proof of current public liability insurance, which must provide cover of up to £5m per incident
- Evidence of qualifications (accreditation with relevant agencies, etc.)
- Declaration of any history of criminal convictions
- Declaration of any professional disciplinary history
- Disclosure of any outstanding claims or litigation against applicant/company
- Ability and technical capacity to provide inspection, maintenance and repair services (knowledge, experience, training, etc)
- Achievement of a score of 50+ from Experian on credit rating
If you have any questions or comments about making an application, our team are here to help.