Missed a delivery? No problem
Sometimes we can’t deliver an item because you’re not there to sign for it or it’s too big for your letterbox. If so, you can arrange redelivery online or collect it from your local delivery office.
At a Glance
- Arrange your redelivery online
- Enjoy free delivery to your address or another local address
- Opt to collect from a local Post Office® branch
If you’re not there when we attempt to deliver your parcel, we’ll leave a ‘Something for you card’ to let you know we’ve been round. If you can’t make it to our delivery office to pick it up, just book a redelivery online. We can have your item ready for drop off within two working days.
Choose your redelivery service
- Free redelivery to the same address
- Free redelivery to an alternative local address
- Collection from a local Post Office® branch for a nominal fee
If you’re collecting an item from a Post Office® branch or one of our delivery offices, you’ll need to bring a form of identification along with the card we left.
For security reasons, Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed® items and international items which require a signature cannot be redelivered to a different address.
How long will we keep your item?
We hold all undelivered items for up to 18 calendar days before returning them to their sender. If it is an international item that requires customs fees be paid, then we hold this for 21 days.
Anything else you need to know?