What is Track your item and how do I use it?
Track your item lets you check the latest information on items sent with our signed for or tracked services.
The website will show the most up-to-date information we have.
How do I use Track your item?
- Type in your reference number. This will be 9-27 characters long and will be on your Post Office® receipt and the label showing the service used. Or, if you're the recipient, it will be given to you by the sender. Find out more about reference numbers.
- Press the 'Track your delivery' button.
- You may have to complete a quick CAPTCHA test. This is a security measure and makes sure you're human and not a bot.
- Pick the boxes containing the images you’re asked to identify and hit 'Verify'.
- You can now see tracking information for your item.
Which services can I use Track your item with?
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed®
- Royal Mail Tracked 24® (signature on delivery optional)
- Royal Mail Tracked 48® (signature on delivery optional)
- International Tracked & Signed*
- International Tracked
- International Signed*
You can also see delivery confirmation for the following services:
- Royal Mail Signed For® 1st Class**
- Royal Mail Signed For® 2nd Class**
- Royal Mail 24® (signature on delivery optional)
- Royal Mail 48® (signature on delivery optional)
- 1st Class and 2nd Class - small and medium parcels only (no signature) **
*A signature is taken on delivery. However, we don't provide a copy of the signature to you as part of the service and it's not available to view online.
**Our Royal Mail Signed For® and 1st and 2nd Class parcel services aren't tracked throughout their journey. They provide the sender with online delivery confirmation. Royal Mail Signed For® also provides a signature from the recipient upon delivery.
Still haven't found what you're looking for?