What is Track your item and how do I use it?
Track your item lets you check the latest information on items sent with our signed for or tracked services.
The website will show the most up-to-date information we have.
How do I use Track your item?
- Type in your reference number. This will be 9-27 characters long and will be on your Post Office® receipt and the label showing the service used. Or, if you're the recipient, it will be given to you by the sender. Find out more about reference numbers.
- Press the 'Track your delivery' button.
- You may have to complete a quick CAPTCHA test. This is a security measure and makes sure you're human and not a bot.
- Pick the boxes containing the images you’re asked to identify and hit 'Verify'.
- You can now see tracking information for your item.
Which services can I use Track your item with?
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed®
- Royal Mail Tracked 24® (signature on delivery optional)
- Royal Mail Tracked 48® (signature on delivery optional)
- International Tracked & Signed*
- International Tracked
- International Signed*
You can also see delivery confirmation for the following services:
- Royal Mail Signed For® 1st Class**
- Royal Mail Signed For® 2nd Class**
- Royal Mail 24® (signature on delivery optional)
- Royal Mail 48® (signature on delivery optional)
- 1st Class and 2nd Class - small and medium parcels only (no signature) **
Which products may enable me to view a map of the delivered location?
Where possible the following products will provide a link within Track your item to view the location of your delivered scan on a map.
- Royal Mail Tracked 24®
- Royal Mail Tracked 48®
- Royal Mail Special Delivery 9am
- Royal Mail Special Delivery 1pm
- Royal Mail 24®
- Royal Mail 48®
- Royal Mail Signed For®
There may be instances where a map is not presented either in line with our requirement to protect customer privacy, such as for PO Boxes, BFPOs, and redirected items, or where we have insufficient detail of the delivery location.
*A signature is taken on delivery. However, we don't provide a copy of the signature to you as part of the service and it's not available to view online.
**Our Royal Mail Signed For® and 1st and 2nd Class parcel services aren't tracked throughout their journey. They provide the sender with online delivery confirmation. Royal Mail Signed For® also provides a signature from the recipient upon delivery.
Still haven't found what you're looking for?