Track your shipments from posting to delivery
Check on the progress of important parcels being sent via our Tracked, Special Delivery, Signed For, and International delivery services. With the Tracking API, you and your customers can access our Track & Trace service to follow the location of your shipments, saving both your contact centre and your customers’ time.
At a Glance
- Track the status of up to five shipments
- Check the tracking history of your items
- Receive proof of delivery confirmation (not including signature)
- Integrate it simply into your current system
- 24 hour self-serve access, 7 days a week
What is an API?
An Application Program Interface (API) is a standardised way for different software applications to communicate. The API determines how software components interact, and data is passed between systems, making integration straightforward. Our business APIs give your systems a direct line to Royal Mail’s so you can streamline your operations, saving you time and money, and providing your customers with a better service.
Track items and shipments
Get total visibility on the progress of your sent items for you and your customers. The Tracking API brings you up to date information on the status of your tracked shipments, complete with tracking history and proof of delivery information (not including signature).
How to integrate the Tracking API
- Sign up on the API (Developer) Portal.
- Register your application.
- Request approval.
- Test your integration in our sandboxed onboarding environment.
- Offer our Track & Trace service through your own systems.
If you have an existing API account and have already registered your application, you will only need to complete steps 3-5 for every additional API you wish to integrate.
Are there any limitations?
- You’ll need an IT team with previous experience of integrating SOAP based web services.
- We can’t cover any implementation costs, but the Tracking API itself is free.