Online Business Account customers: improve despatch efficiency by integrating your systems with ours
Integrate Royal Mail parcel shipping into your existing fulfilment system. Our Shipping API lets you create, update and cancel your parcel shipments with any of our UK or international services, so you can streamline your shipping process.
At a Glance
- Create and print your own parcel labels and manifests
- Modify shipment details quickly and easily
- 24 hour self-serve access, 7 days a week
- Integrate it simply into your current system
- Access all UK and international contract parcel services
What is an API?
An Application Program Interface (API) is a standardised way for different software applications to communicate. The API determines how software components interact, and data is passed between systems, making integration straightforward. Our business APIs give your systems a direct line to Royal Mail’s so you can streamline your operations, saving you time and money, and providing your customers with a better service.
Manage everything you need for shipping
Create shipments, produce labels, barcodes and manifests. Generate pre-advice and Online Business Account sales orders automatically. Integrate shipping labels into your own pick notes. Produce relevant customs documentation for non-European shipments, including declaration labels and commercial invoices. Offline barcode management option available.
Access to all UK and international parcel delivery services
Enjoy full access to all of our delivery services both overseas and domestic with a range of integration options.
We can provide you with technical specifications, an API testing environment, and more. For full details contact your account handler.
How to integrate the Shipping API
- Sign up on the API (Developer) Portal.
- Register your application.
- Request approval.
- Test your integration in our sandboxed onboarding environment.
- Start managing all of your shipping from your own systems.
Are there any limitations?
- You’ll need an IT team with previous experience of integrating SOAP based web services.
- We can’t cover any implementation costs, but the Shipping API itself is free.