When you want speed and security in one service, Airsure® is the answer. It features end-to-end tracking in the UK and overseas plus:
- online delivery confirmation
- built-in compensation, and the option of adding more
- priority handling in the UK and abroad.
Find the right price for your mail and print postage from your computer.
Print postage online
You can buy and print postage from the comfort of your own home or office with this free and easy-to-use service.
Airsure® is generally a day faster than standard Airmail. Our delivery aims are:
- two working days after posting to western Europe
- four working days after posting to eastern Europe and postal subsidiaries (islands and principalities)
- six working days after posting to the rest of the world.
Airsure® is only available to selected countries that can support tracking and service standards.
Airsure® is not a courier service, so we can’t provide a guaranteed or certain delivery time. We don’t offer compensation for delays or missing Track & Trace information. If you need a guaranteed service, choose Parcelforce Worldwide.
Airsure® is tracked at six points from despatch through to delivery, with online confirmation of delivery. Find out more about Track & Trace.
Proof of posting is provided as standard. Airsure items travel through a secure network. You can post valuables, where they are allowed in the destination country, with the option to buy additional compensation cover in the event of loss or damage.
Before sending letters and parcels overseas you should consider the following:
Countries you can send to
We only offer Airsure® to countries with the systems and infrastructure to support tracking.
Countries Andorra Australia Austria* Belgium Brazil Canada Croatia Denmark (Faroe Islands) Estonia Finland France (Corsica, Monaco) Germany Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India (only Delhi, Mumbai,
Irish Republic Latvia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Malaysia Malta Netherlands New Zealand Poland Portugal (Azores, Madeira) Singapore Spain (Balearic Islands,
Sweden Switzerland USA Territories Azores (Portugal) Balearic Islands (Spain) Canary Islands (Spain) Corsica (France) Faroe Islands (Denmark) Madeira (Portugal) Monaco (France)
* Denotes delivery by GLS, a Royal Mail Group company where the name of the person signing for the item is available electronically at: https://gls-group.eu/EU/en/home and if you can place the recipient’s phone number on the address label then GLS will call them to arrange delivery, if required.
Size and weight limits for Airsure®
Items in the form of a postcard, letter or parcel
Minimum: One surface at least 90mm x 140mm
No single side must be longer than 600mm.
Items in the form of a roll
Minimum: length plus 2 x diameter should be at least 170mm
No single side can be shorter than 100mm.
There is a weight limit on Airsure® items of up to 2kg for Small Parcels and up to 5kg for Printed Papers.
You can send books and pamphlets weighing up to 5kg. You can include a letter relating to the contents, but no other personalised correspondence. When using this service, please write ‘PRINTED PAPERS’ in the top left corner on the front.
- no items over 2kg (including books and pamphlets) can be sent to Canada and Cambodia
- only books can be sent over 2kg to the Irish Republic.
- EU - In general if you’re posting to an EU country, you don’t need a Customs declaration, but there are a few exceptions. Find out more about paying your customs.
- Rest of the world - if you’re sending parcels to a country outside the EU, you need to sign and date a declaration and include your name and address. Customs forms are available at the Post Office® and online.
- Items worth up to £270 must carry customs declaration CN22. Find out about CN22.
- Items worth over £270 must carry customs declaration CN23 and the SP126 plastic envelope.. Find out about CN23.
Prohibited and restricted goods
Countries overseas also have their own rules on what they will and will not allow to be sent by post. Please check that you are able to send your item.
You can only claim compensation for loss or damage to the item you’ve sent. We don’t pay compensation for delays or for consequential loss.
Maximum loss or damage compensation is £50, or the value of the item - whichever is less. You can also buy extra compensation for more valuable items.
You can buy extra compensation of up to £500 - although for some countries this is limited to £250. Compensation for cash is limited to £100.
You cannot buy extra compensation for mobile telephones (including PDAs, iPhones and Blackberry mobiles). The maximum compensation payable for mobile telephones is £50. If you send a parcel containing a mobile phone and other items, you can buy additional compensation, but this will only cover the other contents.
Check to make sure that your destination will accept the items you are sending and if there are any restrictions on sending valuables there. See our country guides for more details.
Royal Mail will not pay any compensation on items that are prohibited or restricted in the country of destination.
When to claim
We allow 20 working days for items to arrive at European destinations and 25 working days for the rest of the world. We can’t accept your claim until after that time. You must submit your claim within six months of posting and include your certificate of post as well as proof of the item’s value. You can make a claim by visiting the Help centre. Or you can complete the P58 form for lost or damaged mail. You an also pick up a P58 from Post Office® branches. Find your nearest Post Office®.
Airsure® is a fixed charge that you add to your Airmail postage price. Therefore the overall exact price will depend on where the item is going (the geographic postal zone) and the type of mail item you’re sending.
Airsure® Additional compensation Prices in addition to Airmail EU* £5.00 £7.60 Rest of the World £5.40 £8.00
*VAT at the standard rate applies to EU countries
For all other (non-EU and rest of World) countries, VAT is zero-rated
Online Business Account (OBA)
One of the easiest ways for you to buy Airsure® is through an Online Business Account (OBA).
You can use your franking machine to send Airsure® items. Find out more about Franking.
If you don’t have a printer or a franking machine, you can buy Airsure® from any Post Office.
- Where can I send mail with Airsure®?
- Why don’t you deliver to more countries?
- Are all Airsure® items electronically tracked until they are delivered?
- Is a signature taken on delivery?
- How much faster is Airsure® than Airmail?
- Do I need a Customs Declaration?
- What if I want to send something worth more than £500?
- Can I use Airsure® to send mail to a BFPO address?
Search help for more answers...
Where can I send mail with Airsure®?
You can send mail by Airsure® to the following destinations. They are:
European Union Zones*
Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Spain and Sweden.
* Airsure® to European Union destinations is subject to VAT at the standard rate.
Non European Union Zones
Andorra, Azores, Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, Corsica, Faroe Islands, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Madeira, Monaco and Switzerland.
Rest of the WorldBack to top
Australia, Brazil, Canada, Hong Kong, India (only Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai), Malaysia, Singapore, New Zealand and USA.
Why don’t you deliver to more countries?
In order to ensure the best handling and to confirm your items have been delivered, we limit the number of Airsure® destinations only to those countries that share our service and technical standards.Back to top
Are all Airsure® items electronically tracked until they are delivered?
We track all Airsure® items until they leave the UK. The item is then handed over to the destination country's postal service as a priority item, where it continues to be tracked until delivery. In most circumstances you will be able to get online confirmation of delivery. Find out more about our Track & Trace tool.Back to top
Is a signature taken on delivery?
When your mail is delivered, the item will be electronically scanned by the postal operative delivering it to confirm it has arrived. A signature is not taken, but an electronic delivery confirmation is used to update our tracking tool.Back to top
How much faster is Airsure® than Airmail?
Airsure® is generally a day faster than standard Airmail. Which means the aim is:
- two working days after posting to Western Europe
- four working days after posting to Eastern Europe and postal subsidiaries (Islands and Principalities)
- six working days after posting to the Rest of the World.
Do I need a Customs Declaration?
You do if you’re sending an Airsure® item containing goods to a country outside the EU (e.g. the USA or Australia). You must complete, sign and date the declaration and state your name and address on the front of the package.
PLEASE NOTE: Items worth up to £270 must carry customs declaration CN22 and items worth over £270 must carry customs declaration CN23 and the SP126 plastic envelope.Back to top
What if I want to send something worth more than £500?
You can still use Airsure® to send items worth over £500 but we don't offer compensation to cover the value of the items over this amount. You can take out additional private insurance to cover the full value of your goods.Back to top
Can I use Airsure® to send mail to a BFPO address?
Airsure® cannot be used to send items to BFPO addresses. Use our special BFPO services for that. Find out more about our HM Forces Mail.Back to top