Sometimes we can’t deliver an item to you because nobody was there to sign for it, or if it was too big for your letterbox. We know you can’t always get to your local delivery office to collect it, so we're happy to make a Redelivery to get your item to you safely:
- free to your own address
- free to another address in your postcode area
- or for a small fee - to your local Post Office® branch.
Missed a delivery?
There are four options for you to get the item you missed:
Arrange a free redelivery to your house.
Arrange a free redelivery to an alternative local address.
Arrange a redelivery to a Post Office® for a nominal fee and collect it from there.
- Want your item as soon as possible? Then pick it up in person from your local delivery office - the address will be on the Something for you card
We hold items for 18 calendar days before returning them to their sender, so any Redelivery date must be within 18 calendar days of the first delivery attempt.
48 working hours notice is required for a Redelivery. If you need the item earlier you can collect it from the address shown on the 'Something for you' card the next working day.
For security reasons, Special Delivery Guaranteed items and international items which require a signature cannot be redelivered to another address.
- Arrange a free redelivery to your house.
To keep your mail as secure as possible, we require proof of identification to be shown when it is collected from a Royal Mail delivery office or a Post Office®.
Please ensure you take with you:
- The Something for you card or Fee to Pay card
- AND One of the following, in the name of the person the item is addressed to
- Credit or debit card.
- Bank or building society cheque/savings book.
- Valid Passport.
- Driving Licence.
- NHS Medical Card.
- Photo Identity Card (Foreign National, Military, Police Warrant, Royal Mail Employee, NHS or senior citizen bus pass).
If the above is not available in the name of the person the item is addressed to, the person collecting the item will need to provide 3 forms of identification:
- The Something for you card or Fee to pay card
- AND Photo ID of themselves (passport, driving licence, foreign national ID, military ID card, police warrant card, Royal Mail employee card, NHS medical card or senior citizen bus pass)
- AND proof they live at the specific address to which the 'Something for you' or 'Fee to pay' card was delivered (bank statement, driving/television licence, utility bill or home insurance certificate)
Only original, recent documents will be accepted.
For a fee of 70p per item* you can arrange a redelivery of your item to your local Post Office® branch. This is payable when you collect your item.
Before you visit the Post Office® to collect your item
- Check the proof of identification you'll need (see the identification section on this page).
- Check the branch opening hours using our Branch Finder
*We may vary this charge from time to time
Can I get my item any sooner?
What is a postcode area?
Why can't I arrange a redelivery for the next working day?
What is the ‘Local Collect’ Service mentioned on the ‘Something for you’ card?
What are the opening hours of the Delivery Office?
I haven't got a ‘Something for you’ card
I missed my delivery. Can I book a Redelivery?
Find out why we sometimes can't deliver
What is a fee to pay grey card?
What is a something for you card?
When are the public holidays that may affect delivery?
- Can I get my item any sooner?
Search our help centre
Enter your keyword(s) below to search our Help Centre.