Need a shipping solution that involves a series of web services based interfaces which link to your system? Our new solution ‘Shipping API’ enables:
- Your own systems to interact with Royal Mail’s systems in a standards based manner
- Fast, simple integration with Royal Mail - you will be able to integrate into one API access point rather than multiple Royal Mail systems
- Shipping labels to be created and printed easily as well as collection documentation to be generated
New features available with Shipping API include:
- Local characters for international shipments.
- Ability to produce relevant customs documentation for non-European shipments
- Integrate shipping labels with your own pick notes.
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday Guaranteed® now available.
- Fast, easy integration - reducing the amount of time and effort required to integrate your systems with Royal Mail so you can start shipping as soon as possible.
- Access all UK and international contract parcel services.
- 24 hour self-serve access, 7 days a week
- With this method of integration you can easily:
- Create Shipments - selecting the Royal Mail service and associated attributes for the specified delivery address
- Print Parcel Labels - download a predefined format label to print on your local or networked label printer
- Update Shipments - modify the shipment details
- Create and Print Manifests - generate the documentation required for handing over to your Royal Mail collections driver
- Cancel Shipment - remove an item from the list of shipments to ensure the manifest is correct and that you are billed correctly
- Request 1D/2D Item ID range – to enable you to integrate our Shipment label with your Pick note
- Effortlessly transmit the data needed for Tracked Email and SMS Notifications services as well as the billing data for every shipment created.
- Monitor your usage of Royal Mail products and services via the online user interface
- Access Royal Mail’s Track & Trace system via our Tracking API solution. You can check the status of single and multiple items for tracking services and history of single items. Visit royalmail.com/tracking-api for more information.
- Access to a customer reporting suite where you can customise your own reports which can then be viewed, exported or emailed to you
- Access to a dedicated helpline for any IT related queries.
New features available from 15th February 2015 include:
- Local characters for international shipments e.g. Chinese, Japanese and Cyrillic.
- Ability to produce relevant customs documentation for non-European shipments including CN22/CN23 declaration labels and commercial invoices.
- Ability to integrate shipping labels into your own Pick notes.
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday Guaranteed® is now available. If you post items on a Friday and want to guarantee delivery on a Saturday, you can now select this service on Shipping API.
Systems integration requirements:
For the integration phase:
- an IT team with expertise and previous experience of integrating WSDL based web services
For the online user interface:
PC/Laptop Windows 7,8 or 8.1 with
o Internet Explorer - Version 8, 9, 10 or 11 or
o Google Chrome 33 or
o Mozilla Firefox 27.01
or Apple Mac with
o Safari 6
- Internet access
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or 11
- 4” Thermal label printer
- A4 Office printer for customer manifests, international non-EU CN23, commercial invoices and reports
- 4” thermal label printer for the production of address and international non-EU CN22 labels
- Royal Mail provided rolls of labels
- For a speedy setup, a thermal label printer can be supplied to you for a fee through our printer partner ‘The Barcode Warehouse’
- If you are an existing customer and would like a Zebra GK420d printer, please contact your Account Manager. If you are a new customer contact Business Customer Services on 08457 950 950
Shipping API is free for Royal Mail Account customers – just get in touch.
Already have an account?
If you already have an account, call us on 08457 950 950.
Need to set up an account?
If you don’t already have one, you can contact us on 08457 950 950.
Call me back
If you would like to find out more about Shipping API you can request a call back and one of our advisors will contact you as soon as possible.
Search help for more answers...
What do I need to run Shipping API?
Your IT team needs to have expertise and previous experience of integrating WSDL based web services.
In addition you will need a Thermal Label printer (see below for the printer requirements) and access to any ink based printer for reports.Back to top
What labels do I need?
For all our parcel services you will need 6” x 4” labels.
You’ll receive an initial supply when you order a printer. When you need more labels, please include the reference number, shown on the rear of each label (i.e.P709).Back to top
Email us to order more labels.
Search help for more answers...
I have a problem with Shipping API integration, where can I get help?
Are you not getting responses to your web service calls to Shipping API? – Call us on 08456 047 267.
Is the system operating slowly? – As this is a web based system, this may be because of a period of higher demand; if this persists we recommend you contact your internet services provider.
For any other Shipping API related queries for existing users, please call us on 08456 047 267.
Access the DMO screens for setting up users, creating/running reports, manually create shipments, manually running the end of day process, or manually printing a customer collection receipt. This link is for customers who are already posting parcels using Shipping API. Ensure you have your User ID and password ready. Call 08456 047 267 if you have forgotten your User ID and password.
To manually track certain items you can use our Track & Trace system.Back to top
How do I print the sales order summary if Shipping API is not available?
Although instances of online problems are rare, we understand the importance of keeping things moving if the worst should happen which is why we have developed the Contingency DMO Sales Order Summary Process for times when both Shipping API and Despatch Manager Online are unavailable.
Once Shipping API is back up and running, you must stop using this method and start using Shipping API as normal. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
What do I need to do?
a) For Shipment labels already created on Shipping API prior to the Shipping API/DMO non-availability:
Complete the Sales Order Summary with your company, contact details, stamp and date and the volumes for each of the Royal Mail services you have posted, specifying the compensation level (if Special Delivery Guaranteed™).
Create a copy of the completed Sales Order Summary for you to keep, and hand the original with your posting to the Royal Mail Collections Driver
As soon as Shipping API is available it is beneficial for you to run the End of Day process to ensure your OBA details are maintained correctly. This will prevent billing confusion later on. Remember you will not need to print off this Sales Order Summary as it is already on your Contingency Sales Order Summary.
b) To create shipments whilst Shipping API is not available:
For non Royal Mail Tracked 24 or 48 items, create a suitable shipping label with a Royal Mail cruciform and PPI, and for Special Delivery Guaranteed™ use the pre-printed Special Delivery Guaranteed™ label (available from our online stores)
If DMO is not available, raise the Sales order on OBA.
Print off the OBA Sales Order Summary and hand it to the Collections Driver with the posting.
Note: Royal Mail Tracked 24® and Royal Mail Tracked 48® shipments cannot be created when Shipping API or DMO is unavailable. You need take no further action.Back to top