Are you wasting time trying to deliver parcels to customers who aren’t at home? Do they want and expect the option of free, secure delivery at a nearby Post Office®? Use Local Collect Business™ with our parcels services and you’ll benefit from:
- access to over 11,800 Post Offices® where customers can collect parcels
- the security of knowing customers will show ID
- our online tracking tool to track your parcels journey.
Local Collect Business prices ItemPrice
Fee per Local Collect Business™ item50p
There are two ways you can buy Local Collect Business™.
Download, print and complete our application form and post it to us at:
EH12 9PG (postcode needs to be on separate line but with no space between it and post town)
- Or, you can fax your completed application to us on 0131 316 7392.
- You can call us on 0845 7782 677 and pay by credit card.
- Download, print and complete our application form and post it to us at:
Improving your customer service
Your customers are busy. Local Collect Business™ lets them collect their packages from their nearest Post Office® at a time they choose. For them, our service is free, convenient and part of an outstanding customer experience.
With Local Collect Business™ your customers choose a Post Office® where they can pick up their mail. Since 96% of people live within a mile of their local Post Office® branch, it’s easy.
Instead of waiting around all day for a delivery, your customers can decide exactly when they want to pick up your package from their nearest Post Office®.
To ensure that your package is given to the right person, the Post Office® will ask for identification before handing over the item.
Cost effective to you and free for customers
Local Collect Business™ is free for your customers and it’s only 50p +VAT per label for each item you send.
Easy to set up and manage
After we process your Local Collect Business™ application, we’ll give you:
- a list of Post Office® branches for your customers to choose from
- 250 pre-printed Local Collect Business™ labels to stick on each mail item.
You simply send the package to the Post Office® branch your customer has chosen. The item will be scanned when it has arrived at the chosen Post Office® branch, so both you and your customer will know where the item is.
To order additional Local Collect Business™ labels, the quickest way is to order by phone, simply call 0845 7782 677. Or, you can complete and send an order form.
- Are there any things I can’t send using this service?
- Can Special Delivery™, Recorded Signed For™ and Royal Mail Tracked® Items be sent via Local Collect Business™?
- Can I use Local Collect Business™ with Parcelforce items?
- Can I use Local Collect Business™ if I use another mailing company as part of my fulfilment process?
- Are there any rules about where I need to place the label on the package?
- How do I re-order labels?
- Where can I find the list of Post Office® branches that offer this service?
- Why is there no charge for the customer collecting the item?
- How long are the items held at the Post Office®?
Search help for more answers...
Are there any things I can’t send using this service?
We have a list of prohibited goods that you cannot send by mail.Back to top
Can Special Delivery™, Recorded Signed For™ and Royal Mail Tracked® Items be sent via Local Collect Business™?
YesBack to top
Can I use Local Collect Business™ with Parcelforce items?
No. Please go to the Parcelforce website to see the convenient delivery options.Back to top
Can I use Local Collect Business™ if I use another mailing company as part of my fulfilment process?
The Local Collect Business™ service is unique to Royal Mail customers. If your mailing agent uses Royal Mail, than you can definitely use this service.Back to top
Are there any rules about where I need to place the label on the package?
No, but it should be clearly visible and close to the address label.Back to top
How do I re-order labels?
Please call us on 08457 782677 where you can purchase additional labels – lines are open from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.Back to top
Where can I find the list of Post Office® branches that offer this service?
We’ll email you an updated list every week.Back to top
Why is there no charge for the customer collecting the item?
The extra handling costs are included within in the Local Collect Business™ price.Back to top
How long are the items held at the Post Office®?
Items are held for 18 days. Then, they will be returned to sender.Back to top