Royal Mail Local Collect® offers your customers a new ‘Click & Collect’ option. They simply select their most convenient Post Office® branch when they place their order on your website to enjoy:
- Collection from over 10,500 Post Office® branches, with many offering extended opening hours in the evening and on weekends, including Sundays
- Online Royal Mail parcel tracking
- Free SMS/email notification as part of Royal Mail Tracked and Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed.
Local Collect® can make a more positive first impression for first orders and drive up satisfaction for existing customers too.
46% of online shoppers are more likely to use an online retailer if they deliver direct to a Post Office® branch.*
As well as offering the convenience of collecting at their leisure, Local Collect® also offers greater control. Customers can track their order online and we will send them a free SMS/email so they know their parcel has been delivered to their nominated Post Office® branch. Their item will be available to collect for 18 days.
*Source: Delivery Matters, especially at Christmas, 2014 report, Hall & Partners
- Local Collect® is an alternative delivery option offered with our Royal Mail Tracked 24™, Royal Mail Tracked 48™ and Special Delivery Guaranteed™ products.
- Now your customers don't need to wait at home for a parcel delivery. Online shoppers can choose to have their items delivered to one of 10,500 local Post Office® branches, improving choice, convenience and satisfaction.
- The service is designed to be offered through your own website, providing access to a dynamic database of Post Office® branches. Your customers will be able to search for their local branches and select the most convenient one at the point of purchase.
- Many Post Office branches offer extensive opening times – early mornings, evenings and weekends, including Sundays. Opening times for each branch is provided when a customer searches for a Post Office, enabling them to choose the best option for their needs.
- Royal Mail provides you with access to a Post Office® branch database, which enables your customers to choose the Local Collect delivery option directly from your website
- Customers select a branch from a list of available Post Office® branches in their preferred postcode area
- Customers then ‘check out’ as normal
- Local Collect items are despatched direct to the selected Post Office® branch
- On delivery to the nominated Post Office® branch, parcels are scanned as delivered, triggering an SMS/email confirmation to your customer
- Customers present proof of identity at the Post Office® branch and collect their item
- If not collected after 18 days, the item will be returned to you.
Need to set up an account?
If you don’t already have one, you can contact our Business Centre on 08457 950 950.
Many of our customers have Account Managers
If your business has a Royal Mail Account Manager, contact yours and find out more about Royal Mail Local Collect®
Already have an account?
If you already have an account, contact a member of our business team on 08457 950 950.
- How do I find out which Post Office® branches offer Local Collect®?
- Do I need to apply additional labels to the parcel?
- What areas of the UK do not offer Local Collect®?
- How will your customers know when their items are ready for collection?
- What other services can I use Royal Mail Local Collect® with?
Search help for more answers...
How do I find out which Post Office® branches offer Local Collect®?
You will be provided with API (Application Programme Interface) specification to help you develop the connection to the Post Office® database.Back to top
Do I need to apply additional labels to the parcel?
No. When used with Royal Mail Tracked services and Special Delivery Guaranteed™ you will be provided with label and manifest specifications that also include how to label and identify Local Collect® parcels.
If you are an existing user of Royal Mail Tracked 24™, Royal Mail Tracked 48™ and Special Delivery Guaranteed™ services you will be required to make some changes to label designs and manifest.Back to top
What areas of the UK do not offer Local Collect®?
The service is available to 10,500 Post Office® branches across the UK. It cannot be used for deliveries to the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.Back to top
How will your customers know when their items are ready for collection?
Once items are delivered to the Post Office® this will trigger an event that will send out an SMS/email to your customers letting them know that their items are ready for collection.Back to top
What other services can I use Royal Mail Local Collect® with?
Royal Mail Local Collect® is designed to be used with Royal Mail Tracked 24™, Royal Mail Tracked 48™ and Special Delivery Guaranteed™.Back to top
Integrating your own solution