Planning to move your business? Whether you’re relocating your entire organisation to a new site or moving a single brand to different premises, we’ll make sure your business mail moves with you. We can:
- redirect your mail to any address in the world
- continue our services for up to two years
- help with permanent and temporary moves.
From just £350.00 a year.
Apply for a Redirection early
We need at least five working days to set up your Redirection. If you can, apply at least three weeks before your business relocates.
Get your details right
Please make sure we’re aware of all the different organisation names you want covered by your Redirection. Also include abbreviations e.g. Royal Mail – RM. Failure to do this may lead to mail being delivered to your old business address.
Be aware of timings
When your mail is redirected, it will travel to the Royal Mail Delivery Office that serves your old address first. From there, it will be forwarded using our 1st Class service to your new address. Please be aware this adds at least an extra day to the journey of your mail.
Laws and restrictions prevent us redirecting certain items to addresses both in and out of the UK. Find out more about our Business Redirection Terms and Conditions.
We can not redirect from business addresses where mail is delivered to a shared delivery point and mail is not segregated by Royal Mail.
We can not redirect mail for organisations that were not conducting business from the old address.
Redirections prices Length of Redirection - price per business namePrice
* UK VAT exempt
** Non EU Zero rated
*** EU prices include VAT at the standard rate
Within the UK* 0 - 3 months£120 3 - 6 months£195 6 - 12 months£350 Overseas Address (International Standard Non-EU)** 0 - 3 months£170 3 - 6 months£255 6 - 12 months£430 Overseas Address (International Standard EU)*** 0 - 3 months£185 3 - 6 months£285 6 - 12 months£490
Apply and buy in just three easy steps.
1. Download, print and complete our application form.
2. When applying by post you will need to send one of the items from each list below as proof of ID:
List A (proof of name)
- A company bank, building society, or credit card statement
List B (proof of address)
- Two different utility bills (not mobile phones, store/charge card bills or bills printed from the internet)
- Two different company invoices
- A business rate demand
For sole traders we also accept personal or business account bank/building society statement and/or credit card statement.
3. Post your completed application, proof of identity plus a company cheque or a franking machine label to the same value as the Redirection service you select to:
Royal Mail Redirection Centre
PO Box 944
STOKE ON TRENT
We’ll confirm your Redirection details in writing to your old address.
At your Post Office®
You can also apply and buy at your nearest Post Office® by following a few easy steps:
Download, print, read and complete our application form or pick up a form at your local Post Office®.
You’ll need to provide one item from each list below as proof of the business address. Choose one from list A and one from list B.
(proof of name)
(proof of address)
For sole traders we also accept the following: List A
(sole traders only)
(sole traders only)
- Company cheque/ cheque book/postal order
- Company credit card
- Company registration document
- Two different utility bills (NOT a mobile phone or a store/ charge card statement. Also bills printed from the internet are not valid)
- Company bank/ building society statement
- Company credit card statement
- Two different invoices
- Bank/ building society book
- Full passport (any nationality)
- Personal or business account cheque book
- Personal or business account cheque guarantee card, credit or debit card
- Driving licence - photocard and paper counterpart D740
- Personal or business account bank/ building society statement
- Personal or business account credit card statement
3. Take your application, two original forms of proof of identity from the lists above and your payment to your nearest Post Office®. Find your nearest Post Office®.
We’ll confirm your Redirection details in writing to your old address.
- We’ve taken out a Redirection and mail is going to our old address, what do we need to do?
- What happens when our Redirection runs out?
- I’m a sole trader, working from home; will you redirect my personal mail too?
- I think you’ve got our address wrong, it doesn’t look right, are you sure it’s correct?
- Is there any mail you can't redirect?
- Can we have mail redirected from another country to our address in the UK?
- We have a PO Box® can we still redirect mail to our new address?
- Royal Mail collects our mail from our premises. How can I change that to our new premises?
- What happens if we need to relocate again within the Redirection period?
- How can I cancel my Redirection?
- How do I change the details of my Business Redirection?
- When will my redirected mail arrive?
- Can I have mail redirected to an address outside of the UK?
- How long does it take to arrange a Redirection?
- Are there any addresses I can not take a Redirection out from?
- Will you redirect mail sent to us by Special Delivery Guaranteed™, Royal Mail Signed For™ and Royal Mail Tracked services?
Search help for more answers...
We’ve taken out a Redirection and mail is going to our old address, what do we need to do?
There are a few reasons why your redirected mail may be going to your old address, for example, your Redirection has not started yet. To find out more possible reasons why your mail is still going to your old address, or to contact Royal Mail about your problem, please visit our Redirection Help & Support page.Back to top
What happens when our Redirection runs out?
Before your Redirection is due to end, we’ll send you a letter asking if you would like to renew your application. If you do, please let us know as soon as possible to avoid any mail going to your old address. the letter will contain a phone number to call or you can also renew by post. You cannot renew at a Post Office® branch.Back to top
I’m a sole trader, working from home; will you redirect my personal mail too?
Yes, the fee includes both personal and business mail provided it’s for one business name only. However, if other people live with you and are moving too, they will need to complete and pay for a separate personal Redirection.Back to top
I think you’ve got our address wrong, it doesn’t look right, are you sure it’s correct?
This is the address that Royal Mail uses to deliver your mail. It may not include some elements of the address you normally use such as house name, village or county name. You can check your address and postcode online by using our Postcode Finder. If you believe we have key information wrong, please contact us as soon as possible on 08457 777 888. If you're calling from outside the UK, call +44 1782 668 007.Back to top
Is there any mail you can't redirect?
We can’t redirect:
- mail for people or organisations that were not occupying or conducting business from the old address
- personal mail from a business address
- Parcelforce Worldwide products and mail from carriers Royal Mail doesn’t deliver
- mail from a boarding house, hotel, college or other multi-occupied premises. However, we can redirect mail to these properties
- mail from a British Forces Post Office® (BFPO) address
- items to addresses outside the UK that are larger than letter size or clearly contain goods
- Special Delivery™, Recorded Signed For™ and Royal Mail Tracked® items to an address outside the UK
- Royal Mail Tracked® restricted goods in the UK
- any mail where laws prohibit us to redirect mail. For example we may be instructed by law to notify the authorities of Redirection requests for mail relating to government benefits.
Learn more about our Business Redirections Terms & Conditions.Back to top
Can we have mail redirected from another country to our address in the UK?
No, you will need to contact the postal authority for that country. Please note that different countries offer different mail redirection services with different terms and conditions.Back to top
We have a PO Box® can we still redirect mail to our new address?
You can redirect mail from a PO Box® for a maximum of six months and the PO Box® must remain open during the period of the Redirection. You can redirect mail to a PO Box® for a maximum of two years.Back to top
Royal Mail collects our mail from our premises. How can I change that to our new premises?
Send an email confirming your new address and the date you would like us to start collecting to firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to top
What happens if we need to relocate again within the Redirection period?
You will need to cancel your initial Redirection - from address ‘A’ to address ‘B’. Then set up a new Redirection from address ‘B’ to address ‘C’. You will also need another redirection from address ‘A’ to address ‘C’. Contact us on 08457 777 888 for advice on your redirect.Back to top
How can I cancel my Redirection?
You need to write to us to cancel your Redirection. Please write to us at:Back to top
Royal Mail Redirections,
STOKE ON TRENT,
For security reasons, we can not take cancellation requests over the phone.
How do I change the details of my Business Redirection?
If you wish to make a minor change such as a spelling correction, or to notify us of a flat number that isn’t listed on our Postcode Finder please call us on 08457 777 888, or if you’re outside the UK, call +44 1782 668 007.
Alternatively, you can submit your request in writing to the address below. Please allow five working days for the change to take place.
If you wish to change your new address and the Redirection hasn’t started, let us know as soon as possible before it starts, in writing, to the address below. We will also need each person included in the application to provide their signature again to give their consent.
If you wish to change your new address and the Redirection has already started, let us know as soon as possible, in writing, to the address below. We will need to cancel the current Redirection and you will need to pay for a new one for which we will need each person to provide their signature again to give their consent.
Royal Mail Redirection CentreBack to top
PO Box 944
When will my redirected mail arrive?
Your mail will travel to the Royal Mail Delivery Office that serves your old address first. They will then forward your mail to your new address. This adds at least an extra day onto the journey of your mail. Mail is redirected using our 1st Class service, or using International Standard if your new address is outside of the UK.Back to top
Can I have mail redirected to an address outside of the UK?
Yes, you can redirect mail from a UK address to your new address overseas. All mail will be forwarded via International Standard. Unfortunately, we cannot redirect mail from another country to a UK address. Please refer to the Postal Authority for that country if this is what you need. Please note different countries offer different mail redirecting services with different terms and conditions.Back to top
How long does it take to arrange a Redirection?
Apply as soon as possible; we need at least 5 working days (Mon - Fri) to arrange your Redirection. If you can, apply 3 weeks before you relocate. You can apply for your Redirection up to 3 months prior to your actual moving date.Back to top
Are there any addresses I can not take a Redirection out from?
To help protect against identity theft and fraud, we cannot accept Redirections from multi-occupancy addresses with a shared letter box or shared business reception. These addresses don't receive a delivery to an individual door, reception or post box.
If your business is in this situation, you need to use a diversion service instead.
Learn more about our Diversion service.Back to top
Will you redirect mail sent to us by Special Delivery Guaranteed™, Royal Mail Signed For™ and Royal Mail Tracked services?
Yes, to UK addresses only. If your new address is outside the UK items sent using these services will be returned to the sender. The Special Delivery Guaranteed™ next day delivery will not be valid for redirected mail because the item will have to travel to the Royal Mail Delivery Office that serves your old address first. We will still obtain a signature on delivery when delivering to your new address.Back to top