Take control of your budget and cash flow with OBA
- View and pay invoices online
- Download tailored management reporting
See what OBA can do for you
Read our 'Why choose OBA' section below to find out the benefits of using OBA.
We’ve made setting up an OBA fast and straightforward. See the 'Getting started' section below.
Read FAQs or talk to an OBA expert
The helpful FAQs below include a direct number and link to experts in case you still have questions.
OBA is an unbeatable combination of simplicity and control. Exactly the kind of tool that will help you manage your mail - and the money you spend on our products - more efficiently.
Easy to use
- Identify mailing patterns, value and control costs.
- Control who has access to your account.
Manage your cash flow
- Online invoices
- Access to copies of current and paid invoices.
- Raise invoice queries online.
Four valuable reporting options
- Overview Reports for volume and value summaries by account and product.
- Sales Order Reports for in-depth flexible reports with full sales order details.
- Trend Analysis Reports for additional information on contingency orders raised.
- Invoice Reports for sales order and service information for billing dates.
If you have a Royal Mail Account, take five minutes to register now for an OBA profile.
If you do not have a Royal Mail Account, and are interested in getting one set up, please contact us on 08457 950 950.
Terms and conditions
Check through the terms and conditions.
Your authorisation email
Once your application has been processed, we’ll email you with a unique authorisation code and instructions on how to log on and access OBA.
Search help for more answers...
Can I integrate OBA with my own system?
Yes, it is possible to integrate with your system, please contact the OBA Helpdesk who will talk through your requirements. Contact them on 08457 950 950.Back to top
Can I use Despatch Manager Online with OBA?
Yes, you can use both Despatch Express and Despatch Manager Online with OBA.
Complete the ‘End of Day’ process on Despatch Express by selecting from the menu: Reports > Collection Manifest pdf > Print Manifest.
Despatch Manager Online (DMO)
When completing the ‘End of Day’ process on DMO, print out a copy of the DMO Sales Order Summary pdf and hand it over with your mail.Back to top
Is the OBA system compatible with my existing PC or PC network?
There’s no need for any extra hardware or software, as OBA is an internet based system. All you need is an internet connection to use it anytime of the day. You only need to choose who in your organisation you want to give access to the system.
- Internet-connected PC
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8, or Firefox (up to Version 29) and Chrome (up to version 35) – please note that if you use a Mac, then the overall experience will be different to other browsers due to incompatibilities
Pentium 2 processor with 256MB RAM
Do I need training to use OBA?
We’ve designed the system to be simple and easy to use, saving you time and effort. As such, no training is required.
Our Online Help Centre can answer your questions about OBA.
If you need more help, then take a look at our OBA training videos.Back to top
Who can use OBA?
Online Business Account is an online service available to all our business contract customers, from your Mailroom Manager to your Marketing Executive, and even the Finance Director.
Multiple products on the same order
If you work in the mailroom, you can use the service to place multiple products on the same order. You can also speed up your ordering by creating templates for future transactions.
Reconciliation and payment
If you are responsible for reconciliation and payment of Royal Mail invoices, you’ll be able to:
- Speed up your payment process – view open and paid invoices at the touch of a button
- Never need to re-order copy invoices again – OBA holds 18 months of invoices online.
- Raise invoice enquiries online - no need to call us.
If you manage Direct Mail via mailing houses, OBA will help you cost the mailing element of your campaign more accurately, making it easier to calculate return on investment.
Deciding who has access to your account is within your control - you can grant access to any of your employees and your mailing agents (e.g. your Mailing House) so they can order on your behalf – how you want, when you want.Back to top
How can I contact you for help with OBA?Back to top
Can I see a demo of OBA?
Yes, we have a comprehensive demo showing how you can create a new order, view, query or pay an invoice and create a report.Back to top
- I used to use OLA with add-ons like Airsure and Signed for. What product should I be using?
- I've forgotten my password, what do I do?
- I've made a mistake, can I cancel my sales order?
- I can't get into OBA what do I do?
- My system keeps looping back to the same page
- I have an error message advising 'Your posting location is not linked to an account you have access to...' – what does that mean?
- I'm getting an 'Account locked' message
- How do I set up, delete or amend OBA profiles?
Search help for more answers...
I used to use OLA with add-ons like Airsure and Signed for. What product should I be using?
In March 2014 we advised our customers that we were introducing a number of new product codes for our tracking and signature services on Account for use with OBA (Online Business Account) and DMO (Despatch Manager Online). These codes replaced the need to order Airmail (OLA) with ‘add ons’ for tracking and signature.
From 30th March, we are removing the old product with enhancements, so that with immediate effect, please use the new codes for tracking & signature and cease using the Airmail product with ‘add ons’
The new codes you should be using are as follows
Currently order Old product code Should now order Correct product Code to use N/A New product introduced from March 2014 International Tracked & Signed on Account OTC N/A New product introduced from March 2014 International Tracked & Signed on Account with extra compensation OTD Overseas Letter Air with Airsure add on OLA International Tracked on Account OTA Overseas Letter Air with Airsure add on with extra compensation OLA International Tracked on Account with extra compensation OTB Overseas Letter Air with Signed For add on OLA International Signed on Account OSA Overseas Letter Air with Signed For add on with extra compensation OLA International Signed on Account with extra compensation OSB
I've forgotten my password, what do I do?
Go to royalmail.com/oba, look for the 'Existing users' login box to the top right of the page. Select 'forgotten my password'. This will take you to a new page where you can enter your email address and choose whether you want a new password or a reminder of what your current password is. This will be emailed to you very shortly.Back to top
I've made a mistake, can I cancel my sales order?
If you've not yet confirmed your order, it is possible to continue making changes. However, once confirmed a sales order it can't be cancelled.
If you created the order less than 24hrs ago, call the OBA Helpdesk on 08457 950950 and we'll correct the order. You will need to be the person that created the order otherwise we won't be able to help.
As an OBA user, it is vitality important that you have your own profile. We can only take order details or amendments from registered users.
If you are a Super user, find out how you can set up access for new users.
If it's been 24hrs or more since the order was created, once you receive your invoice, you can raise an invoice enquiry in OBA. (Go to the invoice tab and click on 'raise query' for your chosen invoice). Tell us about the error and we'll be in touch within 5 working days.Back to top
I can't get into OBA what do I do?
If you're unable to get into OBA because there's a problem with your PC or your server network, we can raise an order on your behalf. The order can only be requested by the registered OBA user, who should call the OBA Helpdesk on 08457 950950.
It is vitality important if you use OBA, that you have your own profile as we can only take requests from registered users. If you are a Super User and need help to set up additional users, please see our handy PDF.
If the system issue is with OBA itself, then you can continue posting using the OBA Order Generator. You'll need to follow some simple installation steps which we strongly recommend you do in advance of the need to use the Order Generator. The generator will need to be completed by the registered OBA user.
Find out more about the OBA emergency posting process at www.royalmail.com/oba-emergency-postingBack to top
My system keeps looping back to the same page
It’s important to wait until the page which shows the button enabling you to access OBA has fully loaded or you will experience looping problems. Please ensure it’s fully loaded before you press the access OBA button.
If you are still experiencing problems, then here are some tips to help you:
• Ensure cookies are enabled, as without enabling cookies you won’t be able to access OBA. Here’s how to do it in Microsoft and Firefox:
Internet Explorer 7 / 8: Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced Ensure that the buttons allowing first and third party cookies are selected
Firefox: Open Firefox and go to Tools > Options > Privacy – In the drop down next to Firefox will, change this to Use custom settings for history and ensure that cookies and third party cookies are selected and click on OK.
• If you are still experiencing looping issues, then clear your internet cache. Here's how to do it in Microsoft and Firefox:
Internet Explorer 7 / 8: Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools > Internet Options > General. Under 'browsing history' click 'delete'. Choose which items you want deleting, make sure this includes cookies and temporary internet files. Click on delete.
Firefox: Open Firefox and go to Tools > Clear Recent History. Select the items you want to clear make sure this includes cookies and cache. Click on select.
If you are still experiencing problems, please contact the OBA helpdesk on 08457 950 950.Back to top
I have an error message advising 'Your posting location is not linked to an account you have access to...' – what does that mean?
If this error message appears when you try and access an account, it usually means that the Posting Location Number you have access to is not linked to that account. Please select an alternative Posting Location number if you have access to an alternative posting location on your profile. If not, ask your OBA Super User to check and update your profile as required. If the Super User needs help with this, they can see how to update your profile by watching the OBA training videos on Administration.Back to top
I'm getting an 'Account locked' message
You can continue posting using the OBA Order Generator. If you have already downloaded this file, simply complete your mailing details and follow the instructions to email it to the Continuity team. You will then receive an email receipt, which must accompany the mail.Back to top
If you do not have the Order Generator downloaded, please call the OBA Helpdesk on 08457 950950 and we can either email you a copy of the file or we can raise an order on your behalf.
Please note that the order can only be requested by the registered OBA user.
How do I set up, delete or amend OBA profiles?
As a Super User or User Administrator on your Royal Mail OBA account, you can set up new users, and allocate different roles for that user to suit the needs of different people who work within your business. If you're not a Super User or a User Administrator, you won't be able to manage profiles.
If you're a Super User, or a User Administrator, log into OBA, go to the 'Administration' tab and select 'user profiles'. And depending on what you want to, follow the instructions below:
How to create a new profile
1. Click on 'create a new user'.
2. The easiest way to set up a new user is to copy the settings from an existing user. This is called 'copy existing user privileges to a new user' function.
3. You'll need to type in the email address of the profile you want to copy, then click on 'search'.
4. Once you can see the profile you want, click on 'copy'.
5. You'll need to amend the first name, last name and email address so it holds the details of your new user.
6. You can also edit the posting locations, accounts and authorisation levels to reflect the access you want the new user to have - if you do this you'll move to new screens, simply amend the details and click on 'confirm selection'.
7. Click on 'confirm details'.
8. Click on 'confirm user details'.
9. Your new user will shortly receive an email from us inviting them to register their new OBA profile. They will need to register within 30 days of receiving the email, otherwise the registration code in the email will be cancelled.
Amending an existing profile
1. Enter the email address for the profile you want to amend.
2. Click on the name of the person to display their full details.
3. Click on 'amend' to change the profile.
4. If you change an email address within OBA the user must also change their details in their profile. They will need to log into OBA and update the 'my profile' section. If they don't do this then you may have trouble using OBA.
5. Once you're happy with the changes click on 'confirm details' then 'save user details'.
How to delete a profile
1. Enter the email address for the profile you want to amend.
2. Under 'functions' click on the icon that looks like a rubbish bin.
3. You'll be asked if you want to delete the user. If you click on 'ok' the profile will be deleted.
If you prefer you can download a PDF with screenshots showing you how to do this.Back to top
Need help using OBA?
Got a question about logging in or using OBA? Find the answers in our Help Centre.
Printing your PPIs
Do you use a print supplier?
If someone else prints your envelopes for you, be sure to pass on your PPI number and design to your print supplier.