From 27 March 2017 our prices are changing. To see our current prices visit royalmail.com/current-postage-prices.
We understand how hard it is for many companies in the current economic environment. For that reason, we have considered any changes very carefully and sought to minimise their impact on our customers. We also want to reiterate our ambition to remain a trusted and valued business partner to all our customers for the long term.
If you are a personal customer, or sell regularly on marketplaces, you will be able to benefit from two sets of prices for parcels from 27 March 2017.
1. Prices for stamped parcels, and those paid over the counter at a Post Office® branch are found in Our prices guide. You can view or download a copy of this handy guide to out UK, International parcel and letter services, including Parcelforce Worldwide and Redirection products right now. Alternatively you can pick up a copy from your Post Office at the end of March 2017.
Our prices 2017 - Effective 27 March 2017
2. Prices for parcels with postage paid through Royal Mail Click & Drop, Royal Mail Online postage and online channels such as eBay, Amazon and PayPal are found in the Royal Mail online price guide. This handy guide contains online prices for Royal Mails UK and International parcels including Standard, Signed and Guaranteed delivery services. View or download a copy now. Remember these prices are available from 27 March 2017.
Our online prices 2017 - Effective 27 March 2017
Our services 2017 - Your guide to our UK and International parcel and letter services and code of practice - Effective 27 March 2017
From 27 March 2017:
- Royal Mail 24® and Royal Mail 48® will increase on average by up to 1.5% (excluding add-ons and surcharges)
Please note the overall price rise may differ dependent on the service you use and/or your posting profile.
- We are increasing the basic level of compensation on our Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am® and by 1pm services to £750 for items purchased through a Royal Mail Parcels contract. This is good news as it allows higher value goods to be sent through Special Delivery Guaranteed
The basic level of compensation on Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am will increase from £50 to £750 and on the 1pm service from £500 to £750.
Please note: Compensation levels will increase to £750 for Special delivery Guaranteed items purchased through a Contract.
Additional parcel services
We have some additional service options available for you to get even more from your Royal Mail parcel deliveries, which include:
- Online Delivery Confirmation on Standard Parcels – is now live for parcels** sent through Royal Mail 24® and Royal Mail 48® services via a Royal Mail shipping solution. Delivery Confirmation allows you to confirm online if the item has arrived.
This information can be viewed online at royalmail.com/confirmed
To find out how you can get barcode ready please visit royalmail.com/confirmation
- Local Collect® – we have launched our new Local Collect widget, making it easier for you to integrate with our systems to offer your customers greater convenience when collecting their parcels. Customers can choose to have their parcel delivered to one of 10,500 Post Office® branches or 1,200 Customer Service Points, so they can collect at their convenience.
- Labels to go – we are rolling out a solution to enable shoppers to print returns labels from their mobile phones at over 1,200 Royal Mail Customer Service Points. Shoppers simply scan the code at the Customer Service Point to print the returns labels.
**Delivery Confirmation will not be available for Large Letter items or parcels destined for the Channel Isles, Isle of Man or BFPO’s.
Continue to save your business time and reduce costs with Royal Mail's franking services.
From 27 March 2017:
- Royal Mail Mailmark® franking continues to offer attractive prices with the cost of sending a 1st Class Letter starting from 55p and sending a 2nd Class Letters starting from 38p
- Products purchased through a standard or SMART meter franking machine will see prices for sending a 1st Class Letter start from 57p and 2nd Class Letters start from 41p
- Sending a parcel using your franking machine is quick, easy and great value. You can send a 1st Class Small Parcel from £3.12 or from £2.62 with 2nd Class
The prices for 1st Class small parcel 1-2kg and the prices for Medium parcels 1st Class and 2nd Class at 2kg+ will remain the same.
Royal Mail Signed for parcel prices will have a lower fee of only £1 in addition to the standard franked parcel price.
- International Standard Letters will start at £1.07. This is due to an increase in overseas delivery costs
- We are pleased to inform you that our costs for sending a Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed item through your Mailmark franking or franking machine will remain unchanged.
From 27 March 2017, our International Tracked service will be available to 7 new countries including Norway, Gibraltar and Greece. A further 11 countries move from a signature only service to International Tracked & Signed, including Russia, Lebanon and Barbados.
Remember to accept the price downloads for your Mailmark franking machine before 27 March 2017.
Please contact your franking machine manufacturer or independent supplier and they will be able to help you with the next steps in getting your franking machine ready for the price changes.
For more Mailmark franking and franking information visit royalmail.com/franking
Price changes to our 1st and 2nd Class Mail on Account
- Prices for sending a 1st Class Letter will start from 56p and prices for 2nd Class Letters will start from 38p
- You can send a 1st Class Small Parcel from £3.12 or send a 2nd Class Small Parcel from £2.62
- Save with a new unsorted Account Mail option. From 27 March 2017 a new Account Mail option will be made available for unsorted mail, priced below our existing product while offering the same quality of service.
To benefit from this new product, customers will need to apply a specific barcode on their envelopes.
For more information and to register your interest in this barcode service, please visit royalmail.com/barcodesavings
Download your business price guides here:
Business price guide (Valid from 27 March 2017)
Download International business service rate cards here:
Note: These price rate cards are current and valid from 3 January 2017
Royal Mail International Business Mail rate card (valid from 3 January 2017)
Royal Mail International Business Parcels rate card (valid from 3 January 2017)
Royal Mail International Business Tracking and Signature Services rate card (valid from 3 January 2017)
Download your business price wall charts here:
These prices are current and changed on 3rd January.
From 3 January 2017 we changed some of our prices.
Introducing an International supplement*
Royal Mail introduced an International supplement on 3 January 2017 in order to help us respond to the impact of the volatile currency market on key cost areas for our business; fuel, conveyancing and International delivery charges. A flexible International supplement enables us to keep prices as low as possible while enabling us to react to future currency and fuel related cost changes.
An International supplement of 3% will be applied to the product price after any discounts or commissions and before any applicable VAT.
The supplement applies to the following International services; International Business Tracked, International Business Tracked & Signed, International Business Signed, International Business Mail, International Business Parcels, International Business Parcels Returns, International Business Mail Response - Local Look Options.
We will communicate any International supplement rate change a minimum of 14 days in advance, via this page. International supplements do not apply to International non-contract business and consumer services.
For information on the level of the International supplement, and to stay updated on any changes, please visit royalmail.com/surcharges
[*Royal Mail Specific Terms and Conditions for International Business Services (7.1) 10 October 2016]
Introducing a volume related discount
We have also introduced a volume related discount on our Zero Sort and Zone Sort Letters, Large Letters and Parcels services, to reflect savings in collecting larger volumes. The discount level for these services can be found below.
Your daily volume related discounts
Please apply the relevant discounts below to the prices in the price guide to work out your rate.
IP1, IP3, IP4, IP6, WP1, WP3, WP4, WP6
WG1, WG3, WG4, WG6, IG1, IG3, IG4, IG6
WE1, WE3, IE1, IE3
Volume Discount Volume Discount Volume Discount 0-99 0.0% 0-19 0.0% 0-19 0.0% 100-249 1.5% 20-99 1.5% 20-99 1.5% >249 3.0% >99 3.0% >99 3.0%
In order to qualify for a price based on a number of items, items must be of the same service, class and format – and be contained on a single sales order.
International Business prices valid from 3 January 2017
We have made some changes to the prices of our Marketing Services and General Correspondence products from 3 January 2017 for Letters and Large Letters, and from 27 March 2017 for Parcels and Door To Door.
Marketing services and general correspondence price guide – valid from 27 March 2017
Rate card for Advertising Mail and Sustainable Advertising Mail - valid from 27 March 2017
Door to Door rate card - valid from 27 March 2017
Publishing Mail rate card - valid from 27 March 2017
Response rate card - valid from 27 March 2017
Business Mail rate card - valid from 27 March 2017
Rate card for Advertising Mail Catalogue Option - valid from 3 January 2017
Barcode rate card - valid from 3 January 2017
What we changed on 3 January 2017
We made some changes to the prices of our Marketing Services and General Correspondence products. New prices were valid from 3 January 2017.
- Advertising Mail will increase on average by 1.0%
- Business Mail will increase on average by 2.8%
- Response Services will increase on average by 3.1%
What is changing from 27 March 2017
New Door to Door prices
We have made changes to the prices of our Door to Door products and services. Please see our new Door to Door rate card.
- Door to Door rate card prices will increase on average by 2%
- Our New User offer discount has increased to a maximum of 10%
- Advertising Mail Parcel prices and prices for Publishing Mail Parcel services are changing on 27 March 2017.
Please note that most prices change on 3 January 2017 except:
- Door to Door prices are changing on 27 March 2017
Advertising Mail Parcel prices and prices for Publishing Mail Parcel services are changing on 27 March 2017.
To help you get more from your mailings
Save circa 4% with Royal Mail Mailmark® – Many customers are enjoying the lower prices and free online analytics reporting that comes with the Mailmark option when used with Advertising Mail, Business Mail and Publishing Mail.
We encourage all our customers to take advantage of the Mailmark option, and remind those still using the legacy barcode option that this will be phased out at the end of December 2017.
To see how you can benefit from switching to Mailmark please visit: royalmail.com/mailmark
Save with a new unsorted Business Mail option – From 27 March 2017, a new Business Mail option will be made available for unsorted mail, priced below our existing product and offering the same quality of service. To be able to benefit from this new product, customers will have to apply a specific barcode on their envelopes.
For more information and to register your interest in this barcode service, please visit: royalmail.com/barcodesavings
Make further savings for sorted items presented in trays – We have increased the savings you can make for mailings of sorted Large Letter items presented in trays by 20% to 0.6p per item. Letters presented in trays still attract a saving of 0.25p per item.
For more information and advice about how to switch to using trays please visit: royalmail.com/traysavings
Improved prices for our Catalogue option – Following a successful introduction and trial of our Catalogue option earlier in 2016 we are pleased to announce that this option will be continued at least until March 2018 and the price points have been revised to deliver even greater value for money.
For more information please visit: royalmailtechnical.com/catalogues
Range of incentives to help you grow your business – Royal Mail has a number of price incentives to help you get more value from your mailings. To find out more, speak with your Account Manager or visit: mailmen.co.uk/incentives