Terms and Conditions
Royal Mail’s Christmas Card Design Competition 2020
Royal Mail Group Limited (“RMG” or the “Promoter”) is offering you the opportunity to win an Amazon gift voucher worth £300 (the "Competition"). Please read the below Terms and Conditions which will apply to the Competition. In entering the Competition you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
1. The Competition is open to UK residents (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over who are parents or legal guardians of children aged between 4 and 16 at the date of entry (the "Entrant").
2. The Competition is not open to employees or agencies of RMG, their group companies or family members, or anyone else RMG deems to be professionally connected to the Competition.
3. To be entered into the Competition the Entrant must ask their child aged between 4 and 16 (the "Designer") to design a Christmas card, and the Entrant must post it to FREEPOST ROYAL MAIL CHRISTMAS so that it arrives between 16:00 on Monday 16 November 2020 and 23:59 on Friday 04 December 2020 (the “Competition Period”). For the avoidance of doubt, the Entrant to this Competition in all cases shall be the parent or legal guardian of the Designer and shall be deemed to have authority to make such entry.
4. To be a valid entry into the Competition, all submissions must include:
a) the Entrant's name and the Designer's name;
b) the Designer's age on the date that the Entrant sent the entry to the Promoter;
c) the county or city where the Entrant lives; and
d) the Entrant's telephone number.
5. Entries received outside of the Competition Period will not be accepted and will not be entered into the Competition.
6. Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person's child will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. No purchase is necessary, but the Entrant will be responsible for the cost (if any) of sending the entry to us.
7. RMG accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, illegible, damaged, incorrect, incomplete, or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt of the entry by RMG.
8. Entries that contain images of identifiable individuals will not be accepted and will not be entered into the Competition.
9. By entering the Designer's design into the Competition, the Entrant grants to the Promoter, on behalf of the Designer, a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable and royalty-free worldwide licence to use, edit, copy, modify or otherwise use or exploit the design including (but not limited to) the right to publish designs entered into the Competition in any media at all times without restriction or limitation. By entering the Competition, each Entrant also waives, on the Designer's behalf, the right to be credited when the design is displayed, and irrevocably and unconditionally waives other moral rights relating to the use of the submitted design.
10. The Entrant promises, on the Designer's behalf, that: (i) they have the right to grant the licence set out in paragraph 9; (ii) the design entered into the Competition is an original design created by the Designer and has not been copied from any other work or material; and (iii) the design entered into the Competition or anything within it does not require any permission from anyone else for it to be used in the Competition (including any permission to use the design for commercial purposes).
11. If the Promoter suspects that any design submitted as an entry to the Competition may breach any third party intellectual property rights, the design will be discarded and the Entrant's entry disqualified at the Promoter's discretion.
12. The copyright in the original design entered by the Entrant into the Competition will be owned by the Designer.
13. Each Entrant agrees that the Promoter may add the first name and age of the Designer on the winning entry and/or in connection with any promotional materials relating to the winning entry.
14. Within 3 working days of the end of the Competition, a panel comprising of an independent judge and employees of RMG will select and shortlist the top 50 entries from all valid entries correctly submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and received within the Competition Period, based on the highest score calculated in accordance with the following criteria, which shall all have equal weightage on the score: (i) originality; (ii) technical ability; and (iii) suitability for use as a Christmas card (the "Shortlisted Entries").
15. There will be one winning Entrant (the "Winner"). The Winner of the Competition will be chosen on or after 09 December 2020 from all Shortlisted Entries by a panel of judges, including at least one independent judge, and will be determined based on the highest score calculated in accordance with the following criteria, which shall all have equal weightage on the score: (i) originality; (ii) technical ability; and (iii) suitability for use as a Christmas card. The name of the independent judge(s) is available upon receipt of a request to email@example.com.
16. The Winner will receive a “£300 Amazon Gift Card” (the “Prize”). RMG accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the Prize that are not expressly included in the Prize. The Prize will be posted to an address in the UK of the Winner's choice.
17. The Winner will comply with all conditions of the gift voucher including the Amazon Gift Card terms and conditions as stated at: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200272910.
18. The Winner will be notified by RMG by way of telephone on or after Thursday 10 December 2020 and given details of how to claim their Prize. The Winner will have 14 days from the date of being notified to accept their Prize and to provide a postal address in the UK to which their Prize can be sent.
19. If the Winner does not respond to RMG within 14 days of notification providing the required information, then the Winner shall forfeit their Prize and RMG shall be entitled to award the Prize to an alternative winner in accordance with the process described in paragraph 15 above.
20. The Prize will be posted to the Winner's address within 2 working days of the Winner confirming their acceptance of the Prize.
21. The Winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Competition.
22. The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or any other prize.
23. The Prize is subject to availability. RMG reserves the right to substitute the Prize with an alternative prize of same or higher value in the event that the original Prize offered is not available.
25. Subject to paragraph 26 and without prejudice to the Promoter's data protection obligations under relevant law, the Promoter shall make available upon receipt of a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org the Winner's surname and county (or city) and the winning entry.
26. Entrants to the Competition can at, at any time (including at or before the time of entry) by writing to Social Team, Royal Mail, 3rd Floor, Unilever House, 100 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0HQ object to all or some of their and / or the Designer's personal information being made available in accordance with paragraph 25. However, the Promoter shall provide the information set out in paragraph 25 to competent authorities upon request from such competent authorities (including the Advertising Standards Authority).
27. RMG reserves the right at any time to void, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of RMG in all matters relating to the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. Entries that contain any offensive or inappropriate content including (but not limited to):
a) obscene, indecent or pornographic content;
b) content liable to incite racial hatred or acts of terrorism;
c) violent content;
d) excessive profanity;
e) content that is harmful to minors in any way; or
f) content that is otherwise harmful, unlawful or illegal,
will be discarded and the individual's entry disqualified at the Promoter's discretion.
29. RMG shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this Competition where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, mechanical issues, diversion of aircraft or other operational incidents, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
30. RMG accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the Prize. RMG further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of RMG under law for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
31. If you have any questions about how to enter or otherwise in connection with the Competition, please email us at email@example.com with 'Christmas Card Competition 2020' in the subject line.
32. The Competition and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and entrants to the Competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
33. Promoter: Royal Mail Group Limited of 100 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0HQ