There’s nothing better than sharing an experience with friends and family. And with Smilers® stamps you can start sharing that moment before they have even opened your letter or parcel.
Choose virtually any photo you want from an event or celebration for your Smilers® stamps but here are a few ideas to get you started:
- a birthday party
- a wedding celebration
- Christmas and New Year
- the birth of a new baby
- graduation ceremony
- a new pet.
Create your Smiler today in three easy steps
Simply upload your own photo and you have taken the first step to create your own stamps!
Next choose a design from Royal Mail's specially designed Smilers® collection. This will be paired with your photo in the next step.
It's as easy as that! You just created a personally customised sheet of real stamps to send to friends and family.
Which will you choose?
There are lots of stamps to choose from to suit any occasion including birthdays, weddings, party invitations and thank you cards as well. They make great gifts too!
We've got something suitable for everyone and any occasion. Take a look at our full range below.
St Georges Flag
Smilers® stamps come in sheets of 10 and 20 with prices starting at £9.99. It’s cheaper by the sheet if you buy more than one.
Smilers® prices Stamp sheets1 sheetPostage and Packing
1st Class (sheet of 20) £18.25£1.45 1st Class (sheet of 10) £9.99£1.45 International Europe - 87p (sheet of 10) £13.99£1.45 International Worldwide - £1.28 (sheet of 10) £18.50£1.45
The above prices apply to stamps and photos using the same design and image.
How to make an impression with your Smilers®
It's really easy to get a great result. Here are some tips on what makes a good Smilers® photo:
- The size can range from passport format (2" high by 1.5" inches wide) to a standard Landscape photograph (7" Wide by 5" High). We only accept a paper photographs or digital pdf or jpeg images on CD (not negatives or slides) and unfortunately, we're not able to enlarge or improve your photo. (Of course Smilers® photos have to be in good taste to go through the mail; please read our terms and conditions for more information on the kind of pictures that are acceptable for Smilers®. Please note: the quality of the image on your Smilers® stamps will only be as good as the photographic image provided.
- The image should be in horizontal format (i.e. that it is wider than it is tall), otherwise it may not fit the space on the label.
- A close-up shot - sharp and well defined and landscape format - is best.
- Download a copy of the order form, complete the form and choose the Smilers® stamp you want. Stamps must be ordered in multiples of 10.
- Enclose your payment, by cheque, Visa, Mastercard or Delta card, together with your photograph and completed order form and send to the FREEPOST address on the order form.
- Your original photograph will be returned with your order but wherever possible, you should retain a copy of your original photo.
- To make re-ordering easier, we'll retain your photo in digital form for six months. If you don't want us to do this please tick the opt-out box at the bottom of the order form.
- Delivery normally takes no more than 5 working days.
- Smilers® are intended for use on standard size letters and greeting cards. Royal Mail does not recommend using them for postage on Large Letters and Parcels. For further info visit Size and Weight formats.
If you want to use a photo for your Smilers® stamp and have a printed photograph only, and not a digital image, you can order your Smilers® by post too. It’s easy to do. Just print off the order form below and follow the simple steps.
If you would like to use more than one photo, please complete a separate order form for each one.
If you don't have Adobe Acrobat reader, download it to your PC.
You'll need to complete the form and send it to us at. It's a Freepost address, so no need for a stamp.
Don't forget to include your photograph as well. We'll ensure its posted safely back to you.
Customised Stamps: Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all orders for Smilers® stamps.
1 You must ensure that (and represent to Royal Mail that):
1.1 you have the right to copy the image contained in the material you submit; and
1.2 you have obtained the permission of any person (or their parent or legal guardian) who appears in the material, for their image to be reproduced.
2 Royal Mail may require you to provide satisfactory evidence of you having the necessary rights and/or permissions referred to in paragraph 1.
3 Royal Mail may refuse to reproduce submitted material if (or if Royal Mail believes that):
3.1 you do not or may not have the rights and/ or permissions referred to in paragraph 1;
3.2 it is or may be defamatory;
3.3 it depicts partial or full nudity;
3.4 it is offensive, obscene or indecent;
3.5 it promotes any particular religious beliefs or may offend against any person’s religious beliefs;
3.6 it may be offensive to any social, ethnic or other group;
3.7 it is political in nature or may be identified with a political cause or campaign;
3.8 it is intended for use in a commercial or business context;
3.9 it is not in keeping with Royal Mail’s brand integrity and/or may otherwise bring Royal Mail into disrepute;
3.10 it consists of or includes stamp imagery; or
3.11 it is in any other way inappropriate to appear on a Smilers® stamp.
4 Rejected orders will be refunded and the submitted material returned to you (except for defamatory, offensive, obscene or indecent materials which may be destroyed or forwarded to the Police).
5 You will pay Royal Mail for any costs or damages which Royal Mail incurs as a result of the reproduction of any material submitted by you which is defamatory or which breaches any other person’s copyright, privacy or other rights in any way.
6 Copyright in the Smilers® stamp will belong to Royal Mail and you will not have the right to reproduce it.
7 Royal Mail will try to return submitted material to you in good condition, however the handling and copying process may result in damage to submitted material and Royal Mail does not accept liability for such damage.
8 If you have agreed that Royal Mail may keep digital copies of submitted material, copies will generally be kept for six months from the order (or re-order) date but may be destroyed at any time.
9 Reproduction is limited by the quality of the submitted material and the printing process so may not be exact or flawless.
10 Smilers® stamps used for postage may be obscured by a post mark.
11 Personalised Smilers® 1st class and 2nd class stamps are not suitable for large letter mail.
12 Stamp designs are subject to change.
13 Royal Mail will try to dispatch orders within 5 working days of receipt, however, you should allow plenty of time when ordering Smilers® stamps
14 Royal Mail may withdraw Smilers® stamps at any time and will refund payments made for unprocessed orders.
Search our help centre
Enter your keyword(s) below to search our Help Centre.
Christmas last posting dates
Make sure your gifts and cards arrive on time this Christmas.
Get your claws into our Dinosaur stamps, gifts and collectibles now.
One small price.
Find out more about our
wide and deep options -
available from only £2.60.
For your favourite stamp collector
Treat that someone special and check out our stamp collecting gift ideas.