Royal Mail is one of the certified companies offering GOV.UK Verify, meaning you can quickly and easily verify your identity with us to access government services.
It’s a natural extension of our identification services. In fact, our experience puts us in a great place to ensure our verification process is as secure as possible, and quick to complete.
What is GOV.UK Verify?
GOV.UK Verify is the new way to securely prove who you are on the GOV.UK website. Once you have had your identity verified, you can easily access government services online.
If you haven't registered with Royal Mail Identity Verification to access government services, then you can find details of which services use it and how to get started below.
How does it work?
GOV.UK Verify is the new way you can verify your identity online with different providers on the GOV.UK website, and safely access government services such as self assessment or update your car tax.
The Government is working with external identity service providers, including Royal Mail, who make it easier and more convenient for you to access public services by supporting the process of secure identity verification.
Royal Mail is one of the companies you can select to verify your identity. We’ll carry out the verification process safely and securely, and you can then continue with the service. The Royal Mail verification process is quick and easy to use, and also gives you control over your own data.
Not registered with Royal Mail Identity Verification? It's easy to set up
- When you're accessing a service from the list below on the GOV.UK website, you can select Royal Mail from the certified providers who will carry out the identity verification process.
- You’ll be guided through the process of creating an identity account, answering some basic questions about yourself and confirming your contact details with a security code sent to you (via text message, app or download).
- You then complete the identity verification, supplying some personal and financial details and answering questions only you should know. You will need to have a valid UK photocard driving licence (full or provisional) or a UK passport, along with financial records such as credit card, bank, loan or mortgage documents.
- Once your identity has been verified you can then continue to access the GOV.UK service you need, and you can go on to log in quickly and access the other services without needing to be verified again.
Which services use GOV.UK Verify?
Click on the links below and choose GOV.UK Verify, where you can then register with Royal Mail Identity Verification
- Log in and file your Self Assessment tax return
- View or share your driving licence information
- Report a medical condition that affects your driving
- Renew your short-term medical driving licence
- Check or update your company car tax
- Help your friends and family with their tax
- Claim for redundancy and monies owed
- Update your rural payments details
- Check your State Pension
- Check your Income Tax for the current year
- Apply for Universal Credit
- Sign into your personal tax account
And more services are continually being added to this list.
Need help with Royal Mail Identity Verification? Get in touch
0345 266 0116. We’re open Monday to Friday 8am-10pm, Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays (excluding Christmas Day and Boxing Day) 8am-4pm.
If you're hard of hearing, call 03456 000 606. We’re open Monday to Friday 8am-10pm, Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays (excluding Christmas Day and Boxing Day) 8am-4pm.
Write to us
FREEPOST ROYAL MAIL IDENTITY VERIFICATION