What is Track & Trace and how do I use it?
Track & Trace lets you check the delivery status of trackable items you’ve sent or which have been sent to you. If you've used Royal Mail Signed For™, you can use Track and Trace to confirm when your item has been delivered. Enter your item reference number online to see the status of your item. If you’ve used a service that includes a ‘signature on delivery’, you can also use Track & Trace to see a copy of the signature we obtained.
UK trackable and confirmation of delivery services
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed™
- Royal Mail Tracked™
UK confirmation of delivery service
- Royal Mail Signed For™
International Tracking and Signature services
- International Tracked
- International Signed
International Tracked and Signed
How do I use Track & Trace?
Just go to the Track & Trace homepage, enter your item reference number into the search box and click on the ‘track item’ button. The status of your item will then be shown. If you’ve used Royal Mail Signed For™, or any other signature services, you will also be able to see who signed for your item. Learn more about getting a signature on delivery.
Go to the Track & Trace homepage
Welcome to our help centre
All the help and advice you could ever need.
- I've lost my tracking number
- What is 'Track your item' and how do I use it?
- What is Track & Trace and how do I use it?
- How do I find my reference number?
- Tell me more about getting a signature on delivery
- How do I get it there faster next time?
- Track your item isn't accepting my tracking number
- I’ve lost my reference number
- It says delivered but my item hasn’t arrived
- My item was delayed
- I can’t read the signature
- I need more help
- Tell me more about Royal Mail Signed For™
- How do I track items sent from and to overseas countries?
Find out more about our Track & Trace service.Read the full article