What is a Certificate of Posting?
A Certificate of Posting is your proof that you have posted the item declared on the certificate into the Royal Mail network.
The Certificate of Posting needs to be date stamped and signed at a Post Office® window as having been accepted into the network. In the rare instance of your item being lost, you will have to present a stamped and signed Certificate of Posting with your claim for loss.
Welcome to our help centre
All the help and advice you could ever need.
- How can I suggest improvements to Online Postage?
- What is a return address and do I have to include one?
- Can I finish off something I started on a previous visit?
- What if I need to change my postage details?
- Is there an online address book I can use?
- Which browsers can I use?
- What do I need to get started?
- How do I use a pre-pay account?
- How can I check my account history?
- Why do I have to log in or register?
- Is it the same price to buy postage online?
- What if my label or paper size isn't on your list?
- What can I print my postage onto?
- The labels are in PDF format, how do I know if I can print PDF documents?
- I have already used some of the labels on my sheet; can I still print to it?
- How do I know which way my labels go in the printer?
- Why can I not use my selected service options together?
- How do I know which service to use?
- What services work with Online Postage?
- Why is the service I’ve selected not suitable for my item?
- What if my package is too big for the pillar box?
- How do I change my default printer?
- I am sending an item that might require additional security. Can I use Online Postage?
- Is there anything I can’t send?
- I am sending items overseas, do I need to fill out a customs form?
- Can I use Online Postage from outside the UK?
- How can I be sure I’ve entered the correct weight?
- How does compensation for loss, damage or delay work?
- Do I need to take my parcel to the Post Office®?
- Can I use Online Postage to send items overseas?
- What other services are there?
- Can Online Postage be used for international returns or self-addressed envelopes?
- What is a Certificate of Posting?
- How do I know what format my item is?
- Why use Online Postage?
- What happens if I don’t use my postage by the ‘Post by’ date?
- What happens if my printer jams or if there’s an error?
- Can I check that my item has arrived at its destination?
A Certificate of Posting is your proof that you have posted the item declared on the certificate into the Royal Mail network.Read the full article