How do I find my reference number?
If you have used a UK or International trackable service you can use the reference number provided to track your item. If you have used Royal Mail Signed For™, you can use the reference number to confirm when your item has been delivered. To help you find the reference number on your tracking label, please refer to the 11 examples below. The reference numbers have been circled in red.
Found your reference number? You can enter it online now.
Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am™
Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm™
Royal Mail Signed For™
Royal Mail Tracked 24 and 48
Post Office® receipt
Airsure® prepaid pack
Airsure® docket label
International Signed For®
International Signed For® prepaid pack
International Signed For® docket label
Welcome to our help centre
All the help and advice you could ever need.
- I've lost my tracking number
- What is Track & Trace and how do I use it?
- What is 'Track your item' and how do I use it?
- How do I find my reference number?
- Tell me more about getting a signature on delivery
- How do I get it there faster next time?
- Track and Trace isn't accepting my reference number
- I’ve lost my reference number
- It says delivered but my item hasn’t arrived
- My item was delayed
- I can’t read the signature
- I need more help
- How do I track items sent from and to overseas countries?
- Tell me more about Royal Mail Signed For™
For trackable UK and International services and Royal Mail Signed For™, the number is on your posting receipt and on the labels themselves.See examples