Is preparing parcels for shipping taking up too much time? Would you rather focus your energy on building your business? Take the hard work out of despatching parcels with our free online shipping management tool. DMO is designed to help you:
- use a wide range of Royal Mail products
- print barcoded labels
- report on your shipping activity.
Important improvements to Despatch Manager Online have now been completed
We are constantly looking for ways to improve the service we offer you. As a result we have successfully implemented the following enhancements to DMO:
- Return to Sender Address Management - Manage your return addresses directly from DMO
- Despatch File Export Option – Create report at the click of a button
- Departmental Referencing Option - Departmental shipping costs can be listed on invoices
- International Product Improvements - Access the new International product range
In addition we have implemented:
International Product Format options changes
Some format options for International services have changed. You will now have to specify the format (either Letters, Large Letters or Parcels) of the item(s) you are sending for each International service. We have added services to Despatch Manager Online to incorporate these changes.
You may need to update your import file and layout. Please see Section 6 and Appendix of our document, ‘DMO Improvements & Changes Guide’ below for details.
Note: This only affects customers using ‘Import’ or ‘On demand’ interfacing with DMO. This does not affect customers manually entering their shipments into DMO.
New DMO URL
The new URL for DMO is https://app.rmdmo.royalmail.com.
When you select the usual DMO web address, http://www.rmdmo.co.uk you will be automatically re-routed to https://app.rmdmo.royalmail.com and this will be the web address detailed at the top of the page. Please update any saved bookmarks you may have. You can continue to use the DMO web address http://www.rmdmo.co.uk for a short time, after which the re-routing will cease. It is recommended that you use the new URL from the start of April 2014.
In addition your company’s Firewall software may prevent you from accessing the new web address. If this happens, please contact your IT team and give them details of the new web. They will be able to give you permanent access to this address.
Royal Mail Firewall changes
We continually review our IT systems security to ensure they are up to date.
Further details on these changes can be found in our ‘DMO Improvements & Changes Guide’ in the 'Product documentation' section below.
Tracked Returns product was due to have been released, however due to unforeseen technical difficulties, this product release will need to occur in DMO at a later date.
We apologise in advance for any incovenience these changes may cause you.
DMO is Royal Mail’s free shipping management tool
It can help your business by managing:
- address and bar code label generation
- shipping data for our Royal Mail Tracked® 24 and 48 service
- sales order data for other Royal Mail services
- customer reporting on shipping statistics
- multi-user facility through a single application.
More of the services you want
DMO gives you access to a range of Royal Mail products including:
- Royal Mail Tracked 24® and Royal Mail Tracked 48®
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 9am®
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm®
- Royal Mail 24® and Royal Mail 48®
- Royal Mail Signed For®
- International Tracking and Signature services
- International Business Mail
- International Business Parcels.
Most of what you’ll need to run DMO is already in your office. The list includes:
- PC/Laptop with Java Script
- internet access
- Internet Explorer - Version 5 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat 5 or higher
- Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista
- Office printer
- Thermal Label Printer
Getting your thermal label printer
To help you start using our service as quickly as possible, we can help you source a Zebra GK420d 4.25 inch thermal label printer, ideal for stand alone applications (not networked) printing up to five inches per second. Connection is via a USB or serial RS232 connection.
- Find our more about sourcing a printer through us.
- Get all the details you need from the Product Specification.
We can supply price details and a printer. All you need to do is speak with your usual Royal Mail contact or call us on 08457 950 950.
For all printer technical queries and support contact the printer supplier direct on 0871 789 7990.
PLEASE NOTE: Royal Mail does not supply any hardware to customers.
DMO is free for Royal Mail account holders. The first step towards taking advantage of it is getting in touch with us.
Already have an account?
If you already have an account, call us on 08457 950 950.
Need to set up an account?
If you don’t already have one, you can contact us on 08457 950 950.
Call me back
If you would like to find out more about Royal Mail Despatch Manager
Online you can request a call back and one of our advisors will contact you as soon as possible.
Search help for more answers...
I have a problem with my DMO system, where can I get help?
Please see our DMO Help & Support page.Back to top
Does DMO support customers using mailing agents?
Yes, DMO supports customers using mailing agents.
If you are a new customer, just fill in this short form, and we'll get right back to you.
If you are an existing customer, speak to your usual Royal Mail contact or call us on 08457 950 950.Back to top
What do I need to run DMO?
- PC/Laptop with Internet Access
- Internet Explorer - Version 5 or greater
- Adobe Acrobat 5 or higher
- Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista
- Thermal Label Printer (see below printer requirements)
- Access to an alternative printer for reports - any ink based printer will suffice.
- Your PC/laptop must be Java Script enabled
Where can I get labels?
We provide the labels for free. They are completely blank except for our cruciform.Back to top
You’ll receive an initial supply with the printer. When you need more labels, please include the reference number, shown on the rear of each label (i.e.P6557).
How do I print the sales order summary if DMO is not available?
Although instances of online problems are rare, we understand the importance of keeping things moving if the worst should happen which is why we have developed the Contingency DMO Sales Order Summary Process for times when DMO is unavailable.
Once DMO is back up and running, you must stop using this method and start using DMO as normal.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Here is what you need to do:
a) For Shipment labels already created on DMO prior to the DMO non-availability
- Download a copy of the Contingency DMO Sales Order Summarysubscribe. This is also available from the DMO Help Desk on 08456 047267 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the Sales Order Summary with your company, contact details, stamp and date and the volumes for each of the Royal Mail services you have posted, specifying the compensation level (if Special Delivery Guaranteed™).
- Create a copy of the completed Sales Order Summary for you to keep, and hand the original with your posting to the Royal Mail Collections Driver
- As soon as DMO is available it is beneficial for you to run the End of Day process to ensure your OBA details are maintained correctly. This will prevent billing confusion later on. Remember you will not need to print off this Sales Order Summary as it is already on your Contingency Sales Order Summary.
b) To create shipments whilst DMO is not available
- For non-Tracked 24/48 items usually posted on DMO create a suitable shipping label with a Royal Mail cruciform and PPI, and for Special Delivery Guaranteed™ use the pre-printed Special Delivery Guaranteed™ label (available from our online stores)
- Manually raise the Sales order on OBA
- Print off the OBA Sales Order Summary and hand it to the Collections Driver with the posting.
Note: Tracked 24 and Tracked 48 shipments cannot be created whilst DMO is not available.
You need take no further action.Back to top