Do you want your business mail held at a Delivery Office? Do you want only the people you authorise to collect it? Our free Mail Collect™ service will hold your mail securely at your local Delivery Office so you can collect it from 8:30am until closing, Monday to Saturday. We also offer:
- a four-week minimum contract
- personal and business options.
This is a free service.
Our Mail Collect™ service is free.
You can apply for Mail Collect™ services in just three easy steps.
1. Download, print, read and complete the application form:
2. Submit original documents as identification. They will be returned after your application is completed. No copies are allowed. Bills and statements must be dated within the last three months.
Business customers will need to include one from the list:
- a company bank / building Society / credit card statement
- two different utility bills (Not a mobile phone or a store/charge card statement)
- a business rate demand
- two different invoices.
Sole traders will need to include one from the list:
- personal or business account
- bank statement
- building society statement
- credit card statement.
3. Send your application with your proof of identification to
Mail Collect Team
PO Box 740
For more information on Mail Collect™ contact us on 03457 740 740.
After you’ve completed the form and submitted your identification, the Mail Collect™ team will issue you with an official Mail Collect ID card. You’ll need this ID each time you go to your local delivery office to collect your mail.
When you or anyone you’ve nominated on your application goes to your local delivery office for the first time, he or she must bring:
- the confirmation letter
- the Mail Collect ID card
- other acceptable forms of identification.
For your next mail collections, you’ll only need to present your Mail Collect™ ID card. Always bring the card with you.
Items that require a signature
If you receive an item that requires a signature, we’ll keep it and leave an advice card with your mail. We’ll ask for a signature when you come to collect your mail. We may deliver your mail if it remains uncollected after six days.
- Can I have Mail Collect™ if my business is no longer at the same address?
- Are there any restrictions or special conditions?
- What happens if I don’t collect my mail regularly?
- Can the Delivery Office hold any type of mail under the Mail Collect ™arrangement?
- Can I have part of my mail held for collection?
- Where is my local Delivery Office?
Search help for more answers...
Can I have Mail Collect™ if my business is no longer at the same address?
To avoid fraud when you move, you must arrange for your mail to be redirected using our Redirections service.
Learn more about Redirections.
We conduct audits to check that mail collect users still live at the address on their application. We may also write to you and will deliver this letter to your actual address. If we find that you don’t use this address, we’ll stop the Mail Collect™ service immediately and resume delivery of mail to that address.Back to top
Are there any restrictions or special conditions?
If we suspect fraudulent activity, then we’ll withhold the service until it’s investigated and resolved. We reserve the right to cancel the use of the mail collect service or refuse an application at any time.Back to top
What happens if I don’t collect my mail regularly?
We expect you to collect your mail regularly. We will:
- deliver, at the office’s discretion, mail not collected after six days
terminate the Mail Collect™ service if you don’t collect mail within 28 days or less.
Can the Delivery Office hold any type of mail under the Mail Collect ™arrangement?
There are some exceptions. We cannot hold:
- mail that is not been delivered by Royal Mail e.g. Parcelforce express parcels
- mail for people who do not occupy the personal or business address on the Mail Collect™ arrangement
mail addressed to people not included in the Mail Collect arrangement (eg a letter addressed to Mr & Mrs Smith, should not be held if only Mr Smith has applied for the Mail Collect service).
Can I have part of my mail held for collection?
No. You can’t specify which items are held in the office and which are not. Either all your items are held for you to collect or they are all delivered.Back to top
Where is my local Delivery Office?
Call us on 0845 6050767 and we’ll give you the address of the Delivery Office nearest to you.Back to top