How much does finding new customers cost your business? What about building stronger relationships with current ones? With Door to Door from Royal Mail, you’ll be able get your message to more people without the expense of buying an address database. Your brochure, catalogue or other materials will simply be part of a daily mail delivery. Our Door to Door team offers a range of flexible options. From Database Profiling to Postcode Counts or a complete service that takes you from initial planning to creative ideas and distribution, we can help. Door drops give you:
- cost per-prospect of just 5p
- flexibility – send everything from leaflets to catalogues
- a range of different targeting options.
Door to Door
Royal Mail’s Door to Door booking system lets you manage your bookings online. Use it to create new bookings, search for and edit current bookings, or cancel them if you need to.
Boundary Match combines Royal Mail’s Door to Door and Business Mail services to help you target the exact audience you want to reach.
Having listened to customer feedback, from April 2013 we’re making changes to improve the targeting for each boundary. We’re also simplifying our booking system and making our prices clearer.
The changes will make it even easier for you to deliver precisely-targeted messages to geographically-defined audiences, in the most cost-effective way.
So what’s changing?
- From Monday 15th April 2013 all Door to Door distributions using Boundary Match should be booked at the same time as the addressed and fulfilment elements of the service. This will help us deliver an improved accuracy of address data
- All Boundary Match bookings, including the Door to Door element of the service, must be booked via the Door to Door Booking Centre – no online bookings will be accepted
- If you’ve booked a Door to Door distribution to take place after Monday 15th April 2013 and intend to use this in association with Boundary Match we’ll still be able to go ahead – but please contact our Booking Centre to inform us of this intention by Friday 12th April
- When you enquire about Boundary Match we’ll give you an indicative estimate, valid for up to 28 days. When you agree to the estimate a provisional Door to Door and fulfilment booking will be made
- If your distribution takes place more than 2 months after your booking a fresh mailing list will be produced 1 month prior to the mailing, to take account of any address changes that may have occurred in the interim period
- Unless you tell us otherwise, we’ll send your addressed Boundary Match mail using our Business Mail 2nd Class service. It will be sent in the week of your related Door to Door drop. The addressed element will include a customer seed list option to help you track the delivery of your items
- Our new billing process means you’ll now get one bill for all elements used
Door to Door now offers a more complete solution for your Boundary Match mailing. From address data, to design, print, distribution and even handling your responses, Door to Door can look after your whole mailing. Or, if you’ve already produced your items, our new collection service means we can pick up your items and deliver them straight into our network
To find out more about any aspect of our service, please get in touch with your Royal Mail Account Manager, or the Door to Door team on our new freephone number - 0800 169 1194. You can also email us at email@example.com
Our existing prices will be changing for all door drops taking place on or after 8th April 2013. We’re making these price changes in order to ensure we continue to accurately align our operational costs with the amount that we charge for the service we provide.
Changes to Royal Mail’s Door to Door pricing tariffs
For items weighing up to 20g, prices will increase in line with RPI, on average by 3%. This means, for example, that a standard item weighing up to 20g will increase from £62 to £63.50 per 1,000 items excluding VAT. Prices for items weighing between 60g and 100g will increase by up to 4% on average and prices between 100g and 200g will increase by up to 5% on average. This reflects the costs associated with handling heavier weight items. Full details of our new prices can be found here:
Postcode Sector bandings
The number of postcode sector bandings remains unchanged at 9 sector bands for door drops of over 200,000 items. However, to more closely reflect the costs of delivery in certain areas, we are changing the band distribution across our postcode sectors from 8thApril 2013. Any changes to prices as a result of the change to bandings are factored in to the 2013 tariff increases highlighted above. A breakdown of the postcode sectors together with the assigned banding can be found here:
Changes to Door to Door Terms and Conditions
We have made some amendments to our current Terms and Conditions. The key changes are as follows:
- We have introduced a restriction on items relating to more than one company, legal entity or organisation being provided in one delivery, which solves issues that are encountered operationally from the handling of this type of contract. The provisions relating to multi-ad items continue to apply.
- In order to improve the speed of making a booking for our customers, we are introducing an email signature process that will allow agreements to be returned and processed more quickly.
- We have introduced a one company per contract clause to help us improve our handling of distributions. This does not eliminate version variations within each contract.
- We have amended the costs charged in relation to the reworking of contracts that we receive. We are reducing the cost of the first one hour of work from £100 to £50. Each subsequent hour of work will be charged at £25.
A copy of the new Terms & Conditions can be found here:
If you wish to find out more about our latest service offerings you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Helpdesk on our new Freephone number – 0800 169 1194.
We want to make your next Door Drop campaign as easy to pay for as possible. That’s why you pay for your campaign when you complete the booking form. If you don’t have an account with us, you simply pay by credit card. If you prefer, we can send you an invoice.
If you have any questions, fill in our contact form - just provide your details and we’ll call you back.
Send an email
Or you can send us an email email@example.com
Call our team on 08457 950 950. Lines are open 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Get started now
Make a booking or discuss your campaign needs with our team on:
0800 169 1194
8.30am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday