How much does finding new customers cost your business? What about building stronger relationships with current ones? With Door to Door from Royal Mail, you’ll be able get your message to more people without the expense of buying an address database. Your brochure, catalogue or other materials will simply be part of a daily mail delivery. Our Door to Door team offers a range of flexible options. From Database Profiling to Postcode Counts or a complete service that takes you from initial planning to creative ideas and distribution, we can help. Door drops give you:
- flexibility – send everything from leaflets to catalogues
- a range of different targeting options.
Door to Door
Royal Mail’s Door to Door booking system lets you manage your bookings online. Use it to create new bookings, search for and edit current bookings, or cancel them if you need to.
Door to Door
We would like to advise you of forthcoming changes to Door to Door pricing tariffs and product specifications. The changes will come into effect for distributions starting 30th March 2015.
Please be aware that distributions booked and confirmed by 6th March 2015 for distribution later in the year will not be affected by these changes. They will be charged at current pricing levels provided the distribution is not amended.
Changes to Royal Mail’s Door to Door pricing tariffs
Prices will increase broadly in line with RPI, on average by 2.5%.
Postcode Sector bandings
The number of postcode sector bandings remains unchanged at 9 sector bands for door drops of over 200,000 items. However, to more closely reflect the costs of delivery in certain areas, we are changing the band distribution across our postcode sectors from 30th March 2015. Any changes to prices as a result of the change to bandings are factored in to the 2015 tariff increases highlighted above.
All online bookings made before 21:45 hours on 6th March 2015 will be accepted at our current prices. All other booking application forms must be received by our Sales Centre by 17:00 hours on 2nd March 2015 in order to obtain our current prices; all previously confirmed contracts will also be honoured at current prices provided no amendments are made to the contract.
Door to Door
To meet the changing needs of our customers, we are planning significant investment which will make the Door to Door product easier to use and drive further effectiveness. We do also need to ensure our prices reflect our costs, but where possible we have limited increases for 2014 to below RPI.
Your new prices
- The price of a standard item weighing up to 20g will increase by just 2.4%, moving from £63.50 to £65.00 per 1,000 items excluding VAT.
- Prices for items weighing 80-100g will increase to closer reflect costs.
- The average ratecard prices will increase by 5.1%.
The new prices will come into effect for distributions booked from Monday 10th March 2014 and all distributions on or after Monday 31st March 2014.
Postcode Sector bandings
The number of postcode sector bands remain unchanged at 9 sector bands for door drops of over 200,000 items. However, to more closely reflect the costs of delivery in certain areas, we are changing the band distribution across our postcode sectors from 31st March 2014. Any changes to prices as a result of the change to bandings are factored in to the 2014 tariff increases highlighted above.
As well as announcing our new prices we are also making a number of small changes to our product, and these will be reflected in updated versions of the Terms & Conditions and User Guide that will be published on the website on Tuesday 30th December.
Booking items over 5mm in depth
- Where an item is over 5mm in depth please ensure that such contracts are booked through the Booking Centre in Oxford and not via the online booking system.
- A reminder of our existing handover schedules, particularly the requirement to pre-book any handovers taking place on a Monday.
- Any unscheduled handovers on a Monday will only be accepted at the discretion of the Door to Door team.
- The right to vary the dates relating to the handover of items for particular weeks of the year (e.g. Christmas weeks) as required in order to maintain our high quality of service; we will give 3 months’ notice of any such variation being implemented.
Collection service handovers
- Customers using our Collection Service must ensure that all items relating to their contract are boxed and labeled correctly in adherence with the Handover Guide
- Rework charges for incorrectly packaged items received through our Collection Service will be charged in line with standard Door to Door rework charges set out in our Terms and Conditions.
Health and Safety
All visitors handing over items at our Walk Bundling Centres must adhere to our updated health and safety requirements as outlined in our latest User Guide, which include Class 3 hi-visibility jackets and safety shoes incorporating toe protectors.
We want to make your next Door Drop campaign as easy to pay for as possible. That’s why you pay for your campaign when you complete the booking form. If you don’t have an account with us, you simply pay by credit card. If you prefer, we can send you an invoice.
If you have any questions, fill in our contact form - just provide your details and we’ll call you back.
Send an email
Or you can send us an email email@example.com
Call our team on 08457 950 950. Lines are open 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Get started now
Make a booking or discuss your campaign needs with our team on:
0800 169 1194
8.30am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday
Make sure your mail
moves with you.
The Star WarsTM
New into the
Did you know?
You can buy stationery at
the Royal Mail shop
Buy your supplies
online at the
Royal Mail Shop