Planning to move a department or division to new premises? Royal Mail is here to help. With our Diversion service in place, you can be sure the right mail will reach your new address – and fast. Diversion lets you:
- forward mail to any UK address
- get set up in just 10 days
- receive your diverted mail quickly – as 1st Class.
Diversion prices Service lengthPrice per annum
Prices in this table exclude VAT, which is charged at the standard rate.
12 months£2200 6 months£1300 3 months£750
We’ve made it easy for you to use our Diversion service. There are just two steps:
- Download and print the application
Complete and return with payment to:
PO Box 944
Keep in mind that it will take ten working days to set up your Diversion.
If you need any more information about your application, please contact us on 08457 950 950*.
The minimum contract period is three months and, subject to fair usage, there is no maximum length of contract. You will be offered a renewal at the end of your existing contract period until you cancel the service.
PO Box™ mail
If you have a PO Box™, we limit Diversion services to 15 months.
You can cancel your Diversion by writing to the Diversion Team. Fees are not pro rata, so we don’t offer refunds for any cancelled service. We will attempt to process your cancellation as quickly as possible, but would expect to take no more than five working days from receipt of your letter.
- What mail cannot be diverted?
- Will I receive my items bundled by department?
- When will my diverted mail arrive?
- Can I use this service to divert branch mail to my central correspondence centre?
- Can I use this service to divert mail to my mailing house?
- What about personally addressed mail?
- Can I use the Diversion service from my home?
Search help for more answers...
What mail cannot be diverted?
- Mail for people or organisations that were not occupying or conducting business from the old address.
- Personal mail from a business address.
- Mail delivered to your door by other delivery services or couriers, including Parcelforce. In some areas, this may include business mail items such as bank statements, council tax statements and utility bills, which are delivered to your door by postal service providers other than Royal Mail.
- Mail from a boarding house, hotel, college or other multi-occupied premises. However, we can divert mail to these properties.
- Mail from a British Forces Post Office (BFPO) address.
- Items to addresses outside the UK that are larger than letter size or clearly contain goods.
- Special Delivery Guaranteed, Royal Mail Signed For and Royal Mail Tracked items to an address outside the UK.
- Royal Mail Tracked restricted goods in the UK.
- Any mail where laws prohibit us to divert mail.
For example we may be instructed by law to notify the authorities of Diversion requests for mail relating to government benefits.
Will I receive my items bundled by department?
No. If you would like this additional service, you will need to apply for Selectapost™.Back to top
When will my diverted mail arrive?
Your mail will travel to the Royal Mail local Delivery Office that serves your old address first. They will then forward your mail to your new address. This adds at least an extra day onto the journey of your mail. Mail is diverted using our 1st Class service.Back to top
Can I use this service to divert branch mail to my central correspondence centre?
Yes, you can use this service to divert branch mail to your central correspondence centreBack to top
Can I use this service to divert mail to my mailing house?
Yes, you can.Back to top
What about personally addressed mail?
You cannot use our Diversion service to divert or redirect personally addressed mail from a business address.Back to top
Can I use the Diversion service from my home?
No. Diversion is a business-only service, so you are unable to use it for residential addresses. Maybe our Redirection service is what you’re looking for. Find out more about setting up a Redirection.Back to top